Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Frequently Asked Questions

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Frequently Asked Questions

Post by FreddY »

(Being that the PS2 version of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is the only way to play the game online anymore, I thought I'd post this FAQ I made for those that are still able to play online. This FAQ was originally written over five years ago, so forgive me if any of the information is inaccurate or outdated.)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
How to Recover your Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Online Login Information
  • Go to GameSpyID.com
  • Click on I forgot my password!
  • You will be prompted to enter your email address. GameSpy will send you an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
  • If you no longer have access to the email address, you will need to contact Customer Service.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Frequently Asked Questions

Q.) How many countries are in the game?
A.) There are four countries in the game.
The U.S.
China
The MEC
The EU

Q.) Can I change what class I am?
A.) Yes, when you actually play a game is when you are able to choose your class, and it is possible to change what class you are. You choose a class before you first spawn at the start of a game, then you can choose your class every time you respawn. In addition, you can pick up a dead player's dropped "kits" which will change your class, as well as your weapons. You can change your class, but not the weapons that each class uses.

Q.) What are kits?
A.) A "kit" is the weapon set for each class. Each class has a predetermined set of weapons/equipment that cannot be changed.

Q.) After someone is killed, how do I pick up their kit?
A.) Press the triangle button to pick up a kit.

Q.) What is PPH?
A.) PPH stands for Points Per Hour, for example, if you play three 20 minute games and earn 20 points per game, then your PPH is 60. Only your last three hours of game play count.

Q.) Is it easier to kill someone if you are high ranked?
A.) Yes, but only as you get better at the game. It will take the same amount of bullets to kill someone regardless of your rank.

Q.) How do I create a room?
A.) Do a search for the game type you are looking for. For example:
Map: BridgeTooFar
Game Mode: CTF
Max Players: 12
ect.

If there is no room with what you are looking for, the server may give you the option to create that room, only it will not be "your room", it will be a public room just like all the other rooms.

Q.) How do I dive from a standing position into a prone position?
A.) Tap the L2 button twice rapidly to dive from a standing position into a prone position.

Q.) How do I eject a parachute?
A.) Press the triangle button to eject a parachute, but you have to have had fallen from a significant height.

Q.) How do I place more than one C4 charge at a time?
A.) Place the first one, then press the circle button and you will be able to place multiple C4 charges.

Q.) How do I initiate an Artillery Strike?
A.) When the message appears on your screen reading "ARTILLERY STRIKE IS NOW AVAILABLE", an icon resembling a rocket will appear on your map and radar. Go to the icon and there will be a computer. Press the X button on the computer and you will be able to select an area on the map where you want to launch the Artillery Strike.

Q.) How long does it take for an Artillery Strike to become available?
A.) These are the times when an Artillery Strike will become available (from the twenty minute countdown at the start of the game).
17 minutes
11 minutes
7 minutes
3 minutes

Q.) Can I talk to the enemy?
A.) Yes, if you are very close to an enemy, you will be able to talk to them using game COMS.
Under the game settings, if you have set the "OPEN MIC" option to ON, then when you are close to someone regardless of what team they are on, they will be able to hear you if you are making any noise on the mic (breathing into the mic). You may want to set the "OPEN MIC" option to OFF, because if you are attempting to approach an enemy and you are making any noise on the mic, they will hear you and see your name in red on their screen and know that you are nearby.

Q.) How do I kill team killers without losing points?
A.) Choose the Engineer class and lay down a land mine near the team killer. Use the rocket launcher to fire a rocket at the land mine, triggering it (try not to fire at the land mine with the shotgun, usually it may take more than one shotgun round to hit it). The game does not count negative points for teammates killed by your land mines.
A different method is to drive a land vehicle directly at the team killer, and before you make contact, press the X button to exit the vehicle or press the triangle button to switch positions in the vehicle. The vehicle will run over and kill the team killer, and since you are not driving, the game does not count negative points for you.

Q.) Can land mines be triggered by people walking over them?
A.) No

Q.) How many land mines can I lay down?
A.) No more than nine at any one time. If you try to lay down ten, the first one you put down will disappear. If you lay down nine and someone drives over one of your land mines so that you have eight left, you can lay another, and so forth and so on. Regardless of what happens during a game, there cannot be more than nine unexploded land mines per player.

Q.) Where are the weak points found on a tank?
A.) The weak points on a tank are the back and the very center of the front of the tank. If using a rocket launcher, you have to be a decent distance away from the tank when you fire the rocket. This will result in destroying the tank with one rocket.

Q.) What are tips for sniping?
A.) The high ground will give you maximum visiblity, however, it can make it easier for enemies to see you. If you can, try to put your back against an object when on a rooftop. Otherwise, you may stand out as an odd shape on top of a building.

Try to always stay in the crouching or prone position, unless you are moving long distance. Your sights will move a lot less in the crouching and prone positions than in the standing position, increasing your accuracy.

Use GPS often or when requested by your teammates, it is important to both you and your team.

Watch the flags, and other well traveled areas. Study the tendencies of other players in different areas of the map, for example, where they move to around a flag, or health and ammunition boxes. Know the common sniping locations of the other team as well as yours, and watch them for enemy snipers.

Try to avoid taking potshots, wait for your target to move into your sights, or make sure that you are leading your target and know exactly where they are going to move to. If your target is running, aim to the front of their body depending on the distance between you and your target.

Try to change locations often, because the death camera will display your position after you kill your target, and they may come to hunt you down. You may try to trick your target by moving as soon as you kill them so they will think you are moving to that direction, so that you can remain in the same location. Remaining in the same location may also put you at risk of being targeted by a counter sniper. If you are killed, try to avoid returning to the same location.

Q.) Where are the weak points found on a helicopter?
A.) The weak points on a helicopter are the front and the tail of the helicopter. If using a rocket launcher, a shot to the cockpit or the tail will destroy the helicopter. If using a sniper rifle, it is possible to snipe pilots and passengers right out of the helicopter.

Q.) How long does it take for a helicopter to respawn?
A.) Once a helicopter has been destroyed, it will take one minute and thirty seconds to respawn.

Q.) What are tips for the helicopter controls and flight?
A.) The left analog stick spins the helicopter left or right and forward or backward. The right analog stick pitches the helicopter (leans the helicopter) left or right, and it also controls your altitude. Use the right analog stick to lift off, then use the left analog stick to turn to the direction you want to fly to. Push the left analog stick forward for the helicopter to fly straight ahead. While flying straight ahead, the helicopter will point towards the ground and will eventually hit the ground, so you must use the right analog stick to keep your altitude high enough (by pushing forward). If you are flying at high speed and are about to hit a building, move the right analog stick left or right to pitch in the direction that you need to fly (combining this move with spinning left or right with the left analog stick will make this move more successful).

When attacking enemies, you can hold down the R1 button for rapid fire. Try to use a diving motion to attack enemies on the ground (by pulling down on the right analog stick). If you overshoot the enemy, try to not only do a complete 180 degree turn, it may make you a sitting duck while you turn. Try to incorporate the right analog stick to lean into a turn to make you move while turning around, so you do not stop completely for the turn.

Q.) What are the differences between the different types of helicopters?
A.) Each different type of helicopter has different specifications.

The U.S. ----

Attack - 200 rounds (rapid fire) + Gunner - Dies with one shot with rocket

BlackHawk - 200 rounds (normal fire) + 2 Gunner + 2 Extra positions - Dies with 2 rocket (sometimes 1 depending on where you hit), dies with 2 120mm hits

LittleBird - 200 rounds (super rapid fire) + 1 Gunner - Dies with one hit of anything explosive but moves very fast

The MEC ----

Transport - 400 rounds (normal fire) + 1 gunner + 2 extra positions - dies with 2 hits from 120mm or 1 rocket (sometimes 2)

China ----

Transport - 200 rounds (normal) + 2 gunners + 2 extra positions - dies with 2 hits from 120mm or 1 rocket (sometimes 2)

The EU ----

Attack - 200 rounds (slow fire) + 1 Gunner (Homing Missile) - dies with one hit of rocket or 120mm but very maneuverable

Q.) How do I determine if a room has a lower ping?
A.) Check to see if the room has 3 or 4 dots displayed to the right side "****". Rooms with 1 or 2 dots displayed to the right side have higher pings.

Q.) How come the game COMS do not always function properly?
A.) They do function properly, however, the game COMS suffer from "Patch Delay". Patch delay is the small delay in which it takes COMS to become active and begin transmitting your voice. Most online games, like SOCOM, have a beep tone. Once you press the talk button, you hear a beep. This cuts out the patch delay. BF2:MC does not have this, so once you press the talk button, wait two seconds before talking.

Q.) I have earned a medal but it will not show up, why?
A.) You may have been playing in a room where stats are not counted. To prevent this, when searching for a room, make sure you set the "STATS TRACKING" option to ON.
Otherwise, you may have to wait another one or two rounds for your stats to become updated, so if you have earned a medal or points and you do not see them recorded right away, be patient. They should be there, once you finish the next round(s).

Q.) My rank has been sent back to Private! I have all of my stats but my rank has been reset! What do I do?
A.) This is a glitch that may sometimes occur. Play a few games or log off and it should appear back to normal.

Q.) When I log in, I encounter a recurring "NETWORK ERROR". What do I do?
A.) Keep trying to log in, and when you are able to log in properly, delete some of your friends from your Friends list. This should fix the problem. Otherwise, you may have to create a new account.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Frequently Asked Question

Post by thebadassdude »

:cry: I still dont have an account.
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!