Midnight Club II - Questions

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
DCSchark
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: [twnturbo]

Midnight Club II - Questions

Post by DCSchark »

The last time I tried connecting my PS2 to the Internet was when I had tried to play Midnight Club II online. Sadly it didn't work. (Maybe it was my connection? I don't know...) Since the past couple of weeks (or months, because of school) I've unlocked almost everything in the game (except for 4 cars). I was wondering if anyone could try to connect online (normal--no Xlink Kai) and see if its service (GameSpy) is sill online? I've read in a (.pdf) manual that in order to play with people online you must have certain maps/vehicles unlocked, since there is some sort of filter that prevents you from seeing games if you haven't unlocked a certain something. I cannot do this myself because I need to get my PS2 (laser) repaired.
(gmt-4)
I am on the EST Timezone.
PS2 Games I Own (LAN/Online): Midnight Club II, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition REMIX, Gran Turismo 4, WWE SmackDown! vs RAW Star Wars Battlefront II

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Re: Midnight Club II - Questions

Post by Masquarr »

If what I heard is true, one must set up the PS2 as a DMZ host in order to play the game online, but I can't verify that claim as I do not own the PS2 version of this game.
(gmt-4)