Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

Post by FreddY »

After quite a bit of tweaking by myself, GameSpy ID account creation is now back online for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2!

How is this possible?
As many of us know, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2 remains online, maintained by GameSpy. A few years ago, it seems that EA removed any BF2:MC related content from their servers. This included a Terms of Service agreement that is required for creating a new GameSpy ID, as the file must be downloaded and viewed in-game before creating an account. What I have done is reproduced these files so that players are seamlessly able to create a new GameSpy ID for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat online!

Here are some images of me going through the account creation process:
('GAMESPY ID MANAGEMENT' --> 'CREATE NEW ID')

(Example account, showing that the account creation process works)

In order to be able to create a new GameSpy ID account for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to:

***74.65.241.66*** Currently not working
(BobzEnt.info DNS 2 hosted by Bobz. The DNS server number occasionally changes, so if you are having trouble please check BobzEnt.info and compare DNS 2 to what you have saved on your memory card)
NOTE: Using this DNS configuration is NOT required for online play. You will only need to connect to this server if you would like to create a new GameSpy ID account. After you create and save your account information, you may connect online normally and play with your new account(s)!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or post a topic over in the Game Scheduling section.

Be sure to spread the word.

See you on the Battlefield!

Special thanks to FreddY for re-enabling GameSpy ID account creation for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
Last edited by FreddY on Sat May 18, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Re: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Onlin

Post by FreddY »

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat brings the intensity of Battlefield 1942 into the modern era with the latest vehicles and weapons systems available. In this first-person shooter, you'll choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with advanced weaponry, you can take control of any of the game's vehicles to engage in major conflicts with up to 24 players online. Battlefield: Modern Combat features expansive environments--from city streets to remote jungles--all around the world.

For those that don't own it, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is $9.99 used at GameStop.

Last edited by FreddY on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Holy crap! I gotta test this out. I already have an account and everything, but this is still awesome. You are a beast man.

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

Wow! Bravo, FreddY! There's just one thing I don't understand:
...What I have done is reproduced these files so that players are seamlessly able to create a new GameSpy ID for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat online!
How exactly did you go about doing this? Were the files in some sort of an easy-to-replicate, non-proprietary format, like unicode? Regardless of what format they're in, how is the game able to access them? Did you need to reverse-engineer any proprietary EA server software, in order to hold the replicated files? Or does the game use some open-source server technology, like HTTP or FTP, that would only require one to set up a standard file server?
(gmt-4)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Once again, great job in helping the ps2 online community out. I added this into the guides section of the site so people will be able to find this info easier too. I don't have this game yet, mainly because I knew I wouldn't be able to play it online. I will be buying it soon now though.

Mr.Chale
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: Mr Chale

Post by Mr.Chale »

awsome freddy ,this game really test the ps2 power with graphics and gameplay,I put it top 3 ps2 fps.hopfully every one on this site enjoys this game

gonna create me an extra account

edit: works just fine
Last edited by Mr.Chale on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(gmt-6)

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/world00 ... e=GMT-0600&" width="480" height="250" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Awesom3B
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: Awesom3B

Post by Awesom3B »

It's good to hear a game that is coming back, instead of shutting down.

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

The way it looks is as if this was as simple as getting thps games working. Wish I'd had the game to look at this before. Good job though man.

I'm not sure whats wrong with my main status page, but i did have it optimized for the battlefield games before it stopped working (maps and everything) I'll post back when that's working..

EDIT: Working now...
Last edited by Bobz1993 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

Nightcrawlerz
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: nightcrawlerz

Post by Nightcrawlerz »

Great notice! I will create an account to me and my friends, thanks for this awesome notice! :D

vitas150
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: vitas155

Post by vitas150 »

checked everything works, my nickname in the game vitas150 8-)
Playstation 2 SCPH-50008 FMCB 1.94 Network Adapter HDD 80гб PSP 2008 6.60 МE-2.2 PS3 CECH-3008A 320gb 4.70 PSVita PCH-1008(Wi-Fi Only) 3.35 PSX DESR-5500