Determining The Status Of GameSpy Games Reportedly Offline!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Determining The Status Of GameSpy Games Reportedly Offline!

Post by FreddY »

In theory, the online servers for all PS2 online games maintained by GameSpy are still online and functional. Often times, these games encounter issues such as external files needing to be downloaded first (in the case of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and the Tony Hawk series), or server changes (such as All-Star Baseball 2005 and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon).

Other times, playing online is made impossible due to DNAS refusing to authenticate a specific title (in the case of NFL Blitz Pro & NHL Hitz Pro) and while rare, total server discontinuation (such as Risk: Global Domination and, most likely, Deer Hunter). In other cases, it is simply a matter of false reporting, as was the case for FlatOut & FlatOut 2.

Compiled with information from various forums, and the Wikipedia List of PlayStation 2 online games, this is a complete list of all PS2 online games maintained by GameSpy that have previously been reported as having their online services terminated.

Thanks for the input, everyone. We can now safely assume that all PS2 online games hosted by GameSpy are still online and functional, EXCEPT for the following games with special conditions:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

All-Star Baseball 2005 - (FIXED)

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - (GameSpy ID Account Creation FIXED)

Blitz: The League - (FIXED)

Deer Hunter - (FIXED)

MLB SlugFest: Loaded - (FIXED)

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - (FIXED)

Mortal Kombat: Deception - (FIXED)

NBA Ballers - (FIXED)

NBA Ballers: Phenom - (FIXED)

NFL Blitz Pro - (DNAS Error (-103) This software title is not in service. Unable to connect to the online server because of this.)

NHL Hitz Pro - (DNAS Error (-103) This software title is not in service. Unable to connect to the online server because of this.)

Risk: Global Domination - (FIXED)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - (FIXED, via THPS.US and BobzEnt.info servers)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 - (FIXED, via THPS.US and BobzEnt.info servers)

Tony Hawk's Underground - (FIXED, via THPS.US and BobzEnt.info servers)

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - (FIXED, via THPS.US and BobzEnt.info servers)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - (FIXED, via THPS.US and BobzEnt.info servers)
Last edited by FreddY on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: Determining The Status Of GameSpy Games Reportedly Offli

Post by Mytho »

TOCA Race Driver 2 is still online. I checked moments ago and was able to create a new account.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

FreddY

Post by FreddY »

Thanks for checking. The list has been updated accordingly.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

A year or 2 ago I bought Blitz the league and it was still online, but I sold because I disliked the game, so I dont know what it's online status would be now.

chak88

Post by chak88 »

lazyhoboguy wrote:A year or 2 ago I bought Blitz the league and it was still online, but I sold because I disliked the game, so I dont know what it's online status would be now.
as of 2 weeks ago (last time I checked) it was still online with no connection problems at all

FreddY

Post by FreddY »

Thanks for the information, chak88. The list has once again been updated accordingly.

I have personally tested Juiced for PS2, and it is still online normally.

If anyone has any information regarding the online status of NBA Ballers and NBA Ballers: Phenom, it would be greatly appreciated!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

This thread reminded me to update a few things in the main ps2 online games list as well: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... 7&p=28#p28
I have been updating since it's creation with new information regarding server shutdowns/server resurrections and think it's the most accurate list of ps2 online games on the net right now. If anyone else spots any mistakes or updates I need to make on let me know and I will look into it.

One of the original sources was that Wikipedia list, but the list on Wikipedia was full of errors and hasn't been updated in years.

Mytho
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

FreddY wrote:If anyone has any information regarding the online status of NBA Ballers and NBA Ballers: Phenom, it would be greatly appreciated!
I'm going to try and test NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom and MLB Slugfest: Loaded later this week.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

lazyhoboguy wrote:This thread reminded me to update a few things in the main ps2 online games list as well: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... 7&p=28#p28
I have been updating since it's creation with new information regarding server shutdowns/server resurrections and think it's the most accurate list of ps2 online games on the net right now. If anyone else spots any mistakes or updates I need to make on let me know and I will look into it.

One of the original sources was that Wikipedia list, but the list on Wikipedia was full of errors and hasn't been updated in years.
PES6 has unoffical servers that require patches/hacks.....so that's techincially up, but it's still reliant on DNAS.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I have tested NBA Ballers and NBA Ballers phenom. They both work online and require an account. The account creation works and appears everything else does. It is funny to go to the leadberboards and see tons of players there even though there is no one playing anymore.