Broken GameSpy Games

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Re: Broken GameSpy Games

Post by Masquarr »

tool8 wrote:So... what games do people miss playing online that Gamespy took down long time ago? Im too lazy to logg packets from random games that nobody will ever play...
Noonotthat, Mytho, Lazyhoboguy, and Nosferatu played Cold Winter together at least somewhat frequently before October 9th. I do not own the game, but I had considered buying it shortly before its online mode got terminated. If you and CHC were able to get the game's online mode working through Openspy, I would get a copy of Cold Winter.
(gmt-4)

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

Bobz1993 wrote:
chak88 wrote:Flatout 2
Flatout 1&2 already work with openspy.
ya but I have to use your dns right ?

JamesCableCar
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by JamesCableCar »

I played Cold Winter a few times with mostly just one person, but once there were three others. The online mode is good and I would like to see it back up :D
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Post by FreddY »

Based on my research over the weekend, here are the results.

Every PS2 Online Game hosted by GameSpy (besides the untested games listed at the bottom) has been tested on both GameSpy & OpenSpy.

updated 3/17/13

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Complete List of PS2 Online Games That Currently Work On OpenSpy (Online Status Pages)

C
D
F
G
H
M
R
S
T

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Complete List of PS2 GameSpy Terminated Online Servers
A
  • Area 51
C
  • Call of Duty: Finest Hour
  • Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (LAN supported)
  • Cold Winter
  • Conflict: Global Terror (LAN supported)
  • Crash 'N' Burn
D
F
  • Fight Club (LAN supported)
  • FlatOut
  • FlatOut 2
G
  • Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball Max'd (LAN supported)
H
  • The Hustle: Detroit Streets
J
  • Juiced (LAN supported)
M
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • MTX: Mototrax (LAN supported)
N
  • NFL Blitz Pro (DNAS Error (-103) This software title is not in service.)
  • NHL Hitz Pro (DNAS Error (-103) This software title is not in service.)
R
  • Risk: Global Domination (FIXED)
  • Rogue Trooper (LAN supported)
S
  • Sniper Elite

T
  • TOCA Race Driver 2 (LAN supported)
  • TOCA Race Driver 3 (LAN supported)
U
  • Urban Chaos: Riot Response (LAN supported)
W
  • World Poker Tour
  • World Series of Poker
  • WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
X
  • X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
[/list]

FULL LIST OF PS2 GAMES UNTESTED ON GameSpy's NORMAL ONLINE SERVERS:
Full Spectrum Warrior
Full Spectrum Warrior: 10 Hammers (LAN supported)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Outlaw Tennis

FULL LIST OF PS2 GAMES UNTESTED ON OpenSpy (BobzEnt.info DNS #1):
The Hustle: Detroit Streets (OFFLINE Normally)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (OFFLINE Normally)
Star Wars: Battlefront (LAN supported) (WORKING Normally)
World Championship Poker (WORKING Normally)
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW (WORKING Normally)
Full Spectrum Warrior
Full Spectrum Warrior: 10 Hammers (LAN supported)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Outlaw Tennis
Outlaw Volleyball Remixed (WORKING Normally)

FULL LIST OF PAL Only PS2 GAMES UNTESTED ON BOTH GameSpy AND OpenSpy:
Colin McRae Rally 2005 (PAL Only, LAN supported)
IndyCar Series 2005 (PAL Only, LAN supported)
Pool Shark 2 (PAL Only)
Spy vs. Spy (PAL Only, LAN supported)
World Championship Snooker 2004 (PAL Only)
World Championship Snooker 2005 (PAL Only)
Last edited by FreddY on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Post by FreddY »

NEWS / NOTES
Bottom line, if a PS2 GameSpy online game REQUIRES a "GameSpy ID Login Account" (Nickname, E-mail address and Password) in order to play online, it does not currently work on OpenSpy.

Using OpenSpy, GameSpy ID Account Creation does not work on ANY PS2 online game at all.

If OpenSpy adds a working GameSpy ID Login database/server, then the ENTIRE PS2 GameSpy library will work on OpenSpy!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Since GameSpy ID Account Creation does not work through OpenSpy, you MUST use BobzEnt.info DNS #2 (GameSpy) in order to create accounts for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and to play these games ONLINE: All-Star Baseball 2005, Blitz: The League, MLB SlugFest: Loaded, NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom, Mortal Kombat: Deception and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

• All PS2 online games that currently work on OpenSpy DO NOT require a GameSpy ID Account Creation in order to play online.
  • There are just a few games which do not require GameSpy ID Account Creation for online play, but still won't connect to OpenSpy. These games are Area 51, Cold Winter, Godzilla: Save the Earth, Star Wars: Battlefront II, Trivial Pursuit Unhinged, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior, World Poker Tour, World Series of Poker and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse.
  • While using OpenSpy, you can access the online mode and host games on Star Wars: Battlefront II, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse, but these hosted games DO NOT post to the OpenSpy Status Pages.
  • While hosting an online game on Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior through OpenSpy, an error message is eventually received reading "The game could not be registered to the GameSpy Master Server."
  • Accessing the online mode of X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse through OpenSpy, you are first directed to a "Region List" which is completely blank. You can press X to bypass this page to Host/Join a game. However, hosted games on OpenSpy do not post to the OpenSpy Status Page.
  • It's unclear whether or not World Poker Tour is offline as a result of the recent server terminations, since 2K Sports' other GameSpy game, Top Spin, is still online. On World Poker Tour, an error message is received immediately after DNAS authentication reading "The Online Server cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."
  • Midnight Club 2 works with OpenSpy and does not feature DNAS, making it "Online Forever" through means of OpenSpy and LAN tunneling, along with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
  • For some reason, the Tony Hawk Series for PS2 is BACK ONLINE through GameSpy's normal servers. The normal online lobbies are now accessible. However, a special DNS server is still needed in order to receive the Message Of The Day.

CHC
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by CHC »

FreddY wrote:
NEWS / NOTES
Bottom line, if a PS2 GameSpy online game REQUIRES a "GameSpy ID Login Account" (Nickname, E-mail address and Password) in order to play online, it does not currently work on OpenSpy.

Using OpenSpy, GameSpy ID Account Creation does not work on ANY PS2 online game at all.

If OpenSpy adds a working GameSpy ID Login database/server, then the ENTIRE PS2 GameSpy library will work on OpenSpy!
If you can provide packet dumps of games which use gamespy ID, and fail, please do so, so I can fix it

edit: I've seen people are exporting the packet dumps as text, its a lot easier for me if you save it as a wireshark capture(.pcap)

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Out of all of these online offline games, who here has played the ps2 online in the past week or month?

Poker could be fun but you need players or bots, if they even have bots
Risk would be a long game and they do have bots... still need players
Greg Hasting's paintball is ok but you need players
i was almost going to buy flat out 2, from what i heard about it. Now that's gone too
battle field and battle front seems to be the most popular
but it seems no one really comes here to try to get a good turn out on those games

With all this information that people are bring in, which is great to know

tell me what games on the ps2 do you, meaning anyone reading this, still play online and when did you do it last?

bottom line, we need more players

ps good work, get those packages, and once everything that can still be online is online... go play

JamesCableCar

Post by JamesCableCar »

I don't play the PS2 often but when I do I go for a spot of A51 Online to see is anyone is on. I do play BF2 and SWBFII because they're amazing and still have a very strong community. I don't see why people have to schedule BF2 or SWBFII you will almost always find a few amount of people kicking around on them, depends on the time of course.
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

SWBF2 and BF2MC still have plenty of players. SOCOM II also has some on Kai from what I see in the lobbies (and is the ONLY kai ps2 game with people I've seen), though I haven't tried playing, and there are gameplay vids of that on Kai. CoD1/2 had players but the DNAS trick drove em away afaik.

There's also FFXI in case you have the HDD, which shares servers with PC/360. It's also the ONLY ps2 mmo after the shutdown of eqoa.

PES6 had a hacked version which required a DNAS Patch and allowed you to play with PC players but idk the playercounts on that as my PS2 has a worn out laser that can't read burnt copies.

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

it's so cooL, you have to realize, that people are still playing ps2 onine

some of my friends thought i was pulling their leg when i said bf2 was back online

but i showed them to their surprise