Broken GameSpy Games

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Broken GameSpy Games

Post by lazyhoboguy »

So I saw that Freddy had tried Xmen Legends 2 and that it was offline normaly. I tried that and got a message like "online play is no longer available". I tried using Bobz dns and got the same message. Weirdly enough though after restarting my ps2 I was able to get to region list of the game on both the normal gamespy servers and bobs dns. After restarting my ps2 again and a few more timesI could connect to neither again.

I managed to capture packets when I was able to connect to the game through Bob's dns.
I also captured the packets of when it failed to connect through Bob's dns.

Both are here: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/K3XC ... 9QxgKQJmyg

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

FreddY wrote:
NEWS / NOTES
Bottom line, if a PS2 GameSpy online game REQUIRES a "GameSpy ID Login Account" (Nickname, E-mail address and Password) in order to play online, it does not currently work on OpenSpy.

Using OpenSpy, GameSpy ID Account Creation does not work on ANY PS2 online game at all.

If OpenSpy adds a working GameSpy ID Login database/server, then the ENTIRE PS2 GameSpy library will work on OpenSpy!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Since GameSpy ID Account Creation does not work through OpenSpy, you MUST use BobzEnt.info DNS #2 (GameSpy) in order to create accounts for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and to play these games ONLINE: All-Star Baseball 2005, Blitz: The League, MLB SlugFest: Loaded, NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom, Mortal Kombat: Deception and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

• All PS2 online games that currently work on OpenSpy DO NOT require a GameSpy ID Account Creation in order to play online.
  • There are just a few games which do not require GameSpy ID Account Creation for online play, but still won't connect to OpenSpy. These games are Area 51, Cold Winter, Godzilla: Save the Earth, Star Wars: Battlefront II, Trivial Pursuit Unhinged, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior, World Poker Tour, World Series of Poker and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse.
  • While using OpenSpy, you can access the online mode and host games on Star Wars: Battlefront II, Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse, but these hosted games DO NOT post to the OpenSpy Status Pages.
  • While hosting an online game on Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior through OpenSpy, an error message is eventually received reading "The game could not be registered to the GameSpy Master Server."
  • Accessing the online mode of X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse through OpenSpy, you are first directed to a "Region List" which is completely blank. You can press X to bypass this page to Host/Join a game. However, hosted games on OpenSpy do not post to the OpenSpy Status Page.
  • It's unclear whether or not World Poker Tour is offline as a result of the recent server terminations, since 2K Sports' other GameSpy game, Top Spin, is still online. On World Poker Tour, an error message is received immediately after DNAS authentication reading "The Online Server cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."
  • Midnight Club 2 works with OpenSpy and does not feature DNAS, making it "Online Forever" through means of OpenSpy and LAN tunneling, along with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
  • For some reason, the Tony Hawk Series for PS2 is BACK ONLINE through GameSpy's normal servers. The normal online lobbies are now accessible. However, a special DNS server is still needed in order to receive the Message Of The Day.
I can't tell whether or not you tested warhammers 40,000 fire warrior I picked it up today and I am able to connect without any error messages but am I supposed to see a master list or anything because I just see no servers avaliable. I can host a game but I am not sure whether or not I am supposed to see a server or not

chak88

Post by chak88 »

Also wanted to let everyone know I also bought Outlaw Volleyball Remixed and was able to create a new account and connect with no problems

Mytho
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

chak88 wrote:I can't tell whether or not you tested warhammers 40,000 fire warrior I picked it up today and I am able to connect without any error messages but am I supposed to see a master list or anything because I just see no servers avaliable. I can host a game but I am not sure whether or not I am supposed to see a server or not
Sounds normal to me. When you host a game, it registers to the master list so people can join. Obviously, if there aren't any games up, then the master list will be empty.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

he could also be in Limbo

like in tribes

just because you host doesn't mean people can ever, will ever, see your room

yet there you are :idea:

chak88

Post by chak88 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:he could also be in Limbo

like in tribes

just because you host doesn't mean people can ever, will ever, see your room

yet there you are :idea:
is that how warhammer works ?

Mytho
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

If you're behind a firewall, it can happen. In most cases, it will still show up, but other players will have difficulty connecting.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

tell you the truth chak, i don't know

the best way to do a test is have someone you know with the same game or find someone to try it out
and do trial and error

see if you can see his room and vice versa

i use to try different test runs on tribes to make sure my shit worked
because sometimes things didn't always work out, even when i thought things were working

chak88

Post by chak88 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:tell you the truth chak, i don't know

the best way to do a test is have someone you know with the same game or find someone to try it out
and do trial and error

see if you can see his room and vice versa

i use to try different test runs on tribes to make sure my shit worked
because sometimes things didn't always work out, even when i thought things were working
is there anyone on here willing to help me test it ?

FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Post by FreddY »

chak88 wrote:Also wanted to let everyone know I also bought Outlaw Volleyball Remixed and was able to create a new account and connect with no problems
Thanks for checking. Updated the lists accordingly.