Tribes Dedicated Server

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Tribes Dedicated Server

Post by Viscosity »

I just set up a tribes dedicated server on a vps. It is capture the flag right now. If anyone is interested in testing it out let me know or post in the game scheduling section. It is on the master-list from Online consoles. In order for it to work you need to use either
Bobz DNS: 74.65.241.66
Online Consoles: 69.94.123.66
The server can log stats and you can telnet into it and change settings remotely. Apparently there were some irc scripts that I have never come across that would broadcast game results.

Hogwarts
Level 4: Rumble Group

Re: Tribes Dedicated Server

Post by Hogwarts »

I got my copy of tribes tonight.

Logged into your server using those DNS and It works!!! :lol:

Let's get a few guys together and play some matches yeah? thanks for the hosting by the way.
Last edited by Hogwarts on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by Viscosity »

well you can host a server with your ps2 so I am not quite sure what the advantage of hosting one of these are but there seems to be a fair amount of people who still play this.

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

the benefit of hosting, if you're a good host is that by hosting through your ps2 you can add bots if you have few real players, to fill up the room

more targets :twisted:

and when you are the host you can put everyone on the same side and just go rip up some bots

you can't do any of that on a dedicated server
but on a ds you can talk, kind of sort of, it's a button lay of words and in order to make it work you have to add
CHAT-TEST to you're buddy list and it still may not work, like you have to be grandfathered in or something. I had to let some people use my memory card to copy tribes so they could talk. There is no mic or keyboard usage on this game

Favre, the average length of time for ctf is usually 30 min. If you could change that it would be cool
Favre, your ping speed is good and thanks for the dedi. One other thing you can do on tribes that i don't think you can do on any other game is check the ping, which is the speed connection. When you jump into an online game, hold down select and tap your R2 button. Your ping speed will be in the lower right corner and you can see it change

Hogwarts

Post by Hogwarts »

I hope we can get some games going here pretty soon.

I've seen that tribes pretty much has the most online compatible setup I've ever seen in my life.
and the fact that you can have TWO PLAYERS join a online game.. wow amazing.

you can invite your friends over and jump on the server (2 people at once)

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

i can't even start to tell you how tribes is, to this date, one of the most limitless games ever, by my opinion

like you said one or two players on a split screen
tell me about the last fps game that you can choose to be a woman, a man, or a bioderm

my point is, besides resident evil, you can't play as a chick in a fps game, as far as i know
you can choose to be 3rd or 1st person view, I'm always 3rd so COD and kill zone made me work, for a bit
there is no rank on tribes Everyone is equal, there is no out ranking people that have weapons you don't
every game online you can play offline, even split screen, so you can learn the maps and different game styles

well i tried to start to tell you how limitless tribes is and i think i covered only a fraction of the game's abilities.

Hogwarts

Post by Hogwarts »

teamR@@K!E wrote:i can't even start to tell you how tribes is, to this date, one of the most limitless games ever, by my opinion

like you said one or two players on a split screen
tell me about the last fps game that you can choose to be a woman, a man, or a bioderm

my point is, besides resident evil, you can't play as a chick in a fps game, as far as i know
you can choose to be 3rd or 1st person view, I'm always 3rd so COD and kill zone made me work, for a bit
there is no rank on tribes Everyone is equal, there is no out ranking people that have weapons you don't
every game online you can play offline, even split screen, so you can learn the maps and different game styles

well i tried to start to tell you how limitless tribes is and i think i covered only a fraction of the game's abilities.
We had some fun tonight man. I was jobby on there :) hopefully we can play some more Ps2 games together and get a big team up for tribes. maybe 20 + people