How to Play Star Wars: Battlefront II after GameSpy Shutdown

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

How to Play Star Wars: Battlefront II after GameSpy Shutdown

Post by SG-17 »

My friend Mike, one of the admins of the Star Wars Battlefront Community, in conjunction with help from the PC Star Wars Gaming Order and others has figured out how to get the PS2 version of SWBF2 to work with GameMaster's replacement DNS so that people can play and host servers after GameSpy shuts down. Yes, you can even host full 24-player servers on this.

http://theswbfc.forumotion.com/t1006-ho ... y-shutdown
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: How to Play Star Wars: Battlefront II after GameSpy Shut

Post by Viscosity »

Cool, I hope the community will continue playing on this server now that gamespy is shut down.

Sniper385
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Sniper385 »

I jumped on Battlefront 2 today to test this new DNS and noticed that a few servers are still up. Even after Gamespy was shutdown, you can still play forever, just don't login to a Gamespy account. However, there were only 3 people online when I was testing out this new Gamemaster DNS. We must alert more people that Battlefront 2 is intact still online.

Sniper385
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Sniper385 »

*infact

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Sadly the problem with these kinds of methods is many people are flat out unaware, and game store employees know little about them. Just take a look at many PC games that "die" out after official servers get pulled.

It doesn't help that the PS2's online was unknown compared to even the Original Xbox, and I've known many people who were unaware the PS2 supported online play.

Me? I haven't really touched PS2 online in a long time either, mostly due to the low player count.