New Server

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Re: New Server

Post by Bobz1993 »

Well since my DNS puts you thru OpenSpy, you won't see those servers. Unless there was something I didn't catch about GameSpy not actually shutting down or something. The multiplay servers would have had to move to openspy on their end.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

Avery
Level 12: Warm Summer

Post by Avery »

Bobz1993 wrote:Well since my DNS puts you thru OpenSpy, you won't see those servers. Unless there was something I didn't catch about GameSpy not actually shutting down or something. The multiplay servers would have had to move to openspy on their end.
Ahhhh I see, so thus, in the end Battlefield 2 is useless? I mean the original servers were shut down from Gamespy, but the paid ones don't show up since they're on Multiplay unless they'd be moved though everyone's pretty much gone elsewhere, it would make it the only game you guys support that isn't player to player, correct?

As for MKA as I said before, I can't connect to it when I use OpenSPY's DNS, though MKD works with it. Will this new server be stable / no more changes for a while? I know you said you moved it recently, (1st post in the thread), will this one hold out and finally be good with MKA / MKD / THA series ? That is the question :shock:

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

yo bobz, it's me

your ds room for tribes will always crash just by changing the map or leaving the room and when it does crash it never reboots itself

giving anyone who is registered to your web site the ability to change maps, game styles, and time limit on tribes, i believe fucks things up as well. I think you should only leave the ability to change thing to those actually in the game.

There is different programs to be a AADS and a number of those programs started with bugs. They've had a problem since day one and no one can fix what's set, so i've been told. It drops blocks or patches or something.

I would ask you to make a tribes room and lock it, so your room will always be up.
I would also ask of you to pm Viscosity for the AADS program he has. He has one of the old ones that works and has been erased from the internet but he saved his.
One more thing, your tribes room is down again.

Avery
Level 12: Warm Summer

Post by Avery »

Well at the moment, for Tribes it's sorta like a "Detour" so it does what it can I imagine. As far as patches and stuff, for PS2 online, not a chance. You'd have to have PSBBN or a different version of the game, which for Tribes only one version came out as far as I'm aware of. Not too sure what kind of programs you use to run this game, but I'm guessing it's not an ordinary Peer to Peer game. Though for the most part, you could always just use PS2 OC's DNS, no? It connects and displays the rooms every time. Also, Viscosity hasn't replied to me in over a month