How to create a server?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

How to create a server?

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi all!

I just have some questions on how to make a game server, like the one from bobz entertainment. It would be terrible if Bobz server closes and this could let us with no alternative server (exept Xlink Kai for some games).

So, how can you make a server?

Do you need some sources files? For example, for the resident evil outbreak alternative server, they collected some paquets from the official japanese server.

Do you think bobz would be ok to share his knowledges and files on this?

The main purpose of this thread, is to be sure that it will always be possible to play with our ps2 games online.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

teamR@@K!E

Re: How to create a server?

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I don't know exactly what games bobz dns works for. All i know it that bobz dns forwards you to the ones that do work and so its nice just using bobz and not having to know all the other dns for other games like tribes. The bobz dns will forward you to the dns i gave you for tribes and he has a server too, but after refreshing a bunch of times, the master list room will show up and that's Oc's server.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Thank you teamR@@K!E!

I so want to know how to create a game server, and maybe find a way to revive some dead servers!

Everytime a server is reactivated or recreated (as for Resident evil outbreak or Meta Gear Solid 3), it's always a giant step!

I want to be part of that!
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

By you being out of country from the us would make your server slower for speed than from the us so the connection wouldn't be to good for people in the us.