ps2 on ps4!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

ps2 on ps4!

Post by daps2 »

A few ps2 classics are now available to purchase and play on the ps4. These games will even include ps trophies!

Could this mean some online classics may be re released for ps4 with online play in the near future? For example socom 2 and battlefield 2 modern combat are still fan favourites so it would make sense to release them on next gen with online...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/ ... -tomorrow/

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: ps2 on ps4!

Post by Hunk91 »

Do you Think if some paquets are captured during online games this could lead to the creation of alternative servers?

I so want to know how to create a server and how to make packet capture!

Edit: I also read that for the Ps2 emulation you wouldn't be able to play with your ps2 game discs. So this means you will have to buy again your games.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

daps2

Re: ps2 on ps4!

Post by daps2 »

Packet captures of games that are still online would help to bring them back in the future, however if they are already offline packet captures would only help if the guy making the server had seen similar requests before.

And yes you buy the games again as they are now in a new resolution of 1080 and feature live broadcast and other options available on ps4.