Socom 2

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
7SEALS
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Socom 2

Post by 7SEALS »

Hello. I was looking into the possibility of reverse engineering the Socom 2 servers, and if it was even possible. Is there anyone working on a project like this? I know xlink is available, but its buggy and most people don't want to bother to set up that type of software. Is there anyway to possibly get new servers up? Or not feasible? Thank you for your time.

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Socom 2

Post by daps2 »

I know someone started but they then got cease and desist letter from sony. Google therealsocom forums. That is where i read about it

7SEALS
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by 7SEALS »

daps2 wrote:I know someone started but they then got cease and desist letter from sony. Google therealsocom forums. That is where i read about it
That is lame. Why is Sony so concerned about keeping the game offline? It's a dead franchise that hasn't heard any news in four years. There is no reason they should be able to stop us from playing a game we purchased.

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

daps2 wrote:I know someone started but they then got cease and desist letter from sony. Google therealsocom forums. That is where i read about it
You're wrong, it never happened. The people in this thread where talking about doing a remake of SOCOM in HD by their own and than after if Sony find out the possibly would be getting a Cease and Desist letter from Sony, not about reviving the game server.

http://therealsocom.com/community/threa ... ught.7063/
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

TheDominator
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: TheDominator-

Post by TheDominator »

7SEALS wrote:Hello. I was looking into the possibility of reverse engineering the Socom 2 servers, and if it was even possible. Is there anyone working on a project like this? I know xlink is available, but its buggy and most people don't want to bother to set up that type of software. Is there anyway to possibly get new servers up? Or not feasible? Thank you for your time.
No one really working on it right now for what I know, but think new LAN tunnelling program is the next best thing.

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by daps2 »

Vedita BR wrote:
You're wrong, it never happened. The people in this thread where talking about doing a remake of SOCOM in HD by their own and than after if Sony find out the possibly would be getting a Cease and Desist letter from Sony, not about reviving the game server.

http://therealsocom.com/community/threa ... ught.7063/

No i am right :D
http://therealsocom.com/community/threa ... ming.7908/