Games still playable online in 2017!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Games still playable online in 2016!

Post by Hunk91 »

DonkeyKong wrote:
Hunk91 wrote:I just updated the first post since the DNAS shutdown.
Final Fantasy XI itself doesn't have DNAS ,it was only featured in PlayOnline Viewer during the logging in.
Thank you DonkeyKong for these informations!
I knew it went offline because of its official server shutdown, but I thougth it had DNAS.

So I could add this game to the No DNAS games list! ;-)
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

SpaceMan
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by SpaceMan »

Hi, i miss the old ps2 games so here i am
still figuring out how to
so far i managed to get online on swbf eu version
not so lucky with other game
no dns worked for me
i have fat ps2 with hdd net adaptor and all the mc bs u need to run games
im more into coop games

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

socom combined assault has co op which can still be played over lan, gauntlet seven sorrows is co-op too.

Leader412
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Leader412 »

Hey guys it's been forever sense I've played ps2 and I stumbled across this fourm seems like a great thing hope to play online with some of you I own a lot of ps2 games and can always get more if need just interested in getting a group together or joing if there's already a group out you can message me on kik messenger for faster reply at Leader412 thanks !! Also add me on ps3

TheMrIron2
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: TheMrIron2

Post by TheMrIron2 »

Leader412 wrote:Hey guys it's been forever sense I've played ps2 and I stumbled across this fourm seems like a great thing hope to play online with some of you I own a lot of ps2 games and can always get more if need just interested in getting a group together or joing if there's already a group out you can message me on kik messenger for faster reply at Leader412 thanks !! Also add me on ps3
Welcome to the forums! As for PS2 games, there are a few that are still actively played online, notably Battlefront I/II and Resident Evil OutBreak. There's a Discord group for PS2 online gaming which some people from here are in - Metal Gear Solid 3's Online also has one and you can organise a a game there - but for the most part this forum's scheduling is your best shot for less active games.

Here's a full list of working games that Hunk kindly compiled: http://www.cjoint.com/doc/16_10/FJllYqqlLAV_ps2.pdf

Hope to see you in the game :)

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

TheMrIron2 wrote:
Leader412 wrote:Hey guys it's been forever sense I've played ps2 and I stumbled across this fourm seems like a great thing hope to play online with some of you I own a lot of ps2 games and can always get more if need just interested in getting a group together or joing if there's already a group out you can message me on kik messenger for faster reply at Leader412 thanks !! Also add me on ps3
Welcome to the forums! As for PS2 games, there are a few that are still actively played online, notably Battlefront I/II and Resident Evil OutBreak. There's a Discord group for PS2 online gaming which some people from here are in - Metal Gear Solid 3's Online also has one and you can organise a a game there - but for the most part this forum's scheduling is your best shot for less active games.

Here's a full list of working games that Hunk kindly compiled: http://www.cjoint.com/doc/16_10/FJllYqqlLAV_ps2.pdf

Man, I never thought someone would've made a pdf showing almost all games that can go online!
But I wonder if the list is based on games that have got the working DNAS packet, because I see some games are missing, like WWE games, or Juiced. :O
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

TheMrIron2 wrote: Welcome to the forums! As for PS2 games, there are a few that are still actively played online, notably Battlefront I/II and Resident Evil OutBreak. There's a Discord group for PS2 online gaming which some people from here are in - Metal Gear Solid 3's Online also has one and you can organise a a game there - but for the most part this forum's scheduling is your best shot for less active games.

and
HeroWolfMod wrote:
Man, I never thought someone would've made a pdf showing almost all games that can go online!
But I wonder if the list is based on games that have got the working DNAS packet, because I see some games are missing, like WWE games, or Juiced. :O
Hi! Thank you for the compliment! This list in the pdf file is only for the games which were part of the DNAS packet capture phase. In the first post of this thread you have those games and also those which don't have DNAS.

I just updated it with the xCristihanx new DNS.

I will update the DNAS gqmes pdf file next week with xCristihanx new DNS.

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Hunk91

Re: Games still playable online in 2017!

Post by Hunk91 »

I just edited the first post and added the games playable with DNAS bypass code (thanks to Harry62 and xcristiahnx).
The title was renamed from 2016 to 2017 and I removed Final Fantasy XI from the list.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

1st posted updated with Bobz new DNS.

Added Bobz DNS for Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition & Remix version (NTSC-U)

Plowking
Xlink Kai username: Plowking

Post by Plowking »

Hi all,

Incredible work these past few months. I'm trying to play Star Wars Battlefront II online. I can authenticate DNAS and connect to the xCrI$TiAhNx/SWBFSpy server on the NTSC version of the game, but using the PAL version, I receive this error:

DNAS Error (-864) An authentication error has occurred. Please contact your local PlayStation Customer Care line on the number provided in the software manual for assistance.

Is this a known issue with the PAL version of the game, or is it a problem specific to me?

Also, please could someone explain the difference between the two DNS addresses (74.91.125.138 and 186.34.212.90), and which one should be set as primary and/or secondary?

Many thanks,

Plowking