Why can't Sony,Ubisoft,EA games with online mode be brought back?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Why can't Sony,Ubisoft,EA games with online mode be brought back?

Post by DonkeyKong »

Can you please explain me what's the problem? Most of those games are just masterlists with PS2 as a host.Almost all GameSpy use such system and almost all of them are playable now.I heard there is some problems with DNAS ,but all those GameSpy games also use it.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Why can't Sony,Ubisoft,EA games with online mode be brought back?

Post by Hunk91 »

I think in order to open some alternatives or privates servers, some packets captures are needed. Then, you need to now how to exploit those packet captures in order to recreate the server.

I think that all gamespy games used the same server, so one packet capture of this server from one game could be used to recreate the server for all the other games. Only gamespy games with account creation are not compatible, as the account creation process was not captured. But this seems to be fixable as XcristianX could recreate it for Delta Force Black Hawk Down.

For all the other game companies who used their own game servers, you may need to have packet captures of each compagny game servers to recreate those (And hoping there are no account creation, only a simple and straight connection to the server)

What I wrote are my own interpretations of the way it works and are not meant to be the truth. I don't have the knowledges of how it really works, just deductions from my experience of PS2 online gaming.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Re: Why can't Sony,Ubisoft,EA games with online mode be brought back?

Post by Vedita BR »

Because each company use proprietary software which are different from GameSpy and varies from game to game or company to company.
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96