The Sims Bustin' Out back online?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

The Sims Bustin' Out back online?

Post by DonkeyKong »

Due to this:
http://forum.freeso.org/threads/rebusti ... tion.1011/
somebody is working on the server for this game. As I remember it was published by EA ,so if it is back I think many other EA games would be brought back.

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: The Sims Bustin' Out back online?

Post by chak88 »

It's pretty awesome to see people dedicated to bringing games back online. If they succeed I will buy this game and play. More importantly I think this would be the first time someone was able to revive an EA game.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

I also think that it is awesome that a new game is getting back online! I don't know anyhting about the sims but I will surely buy the game and play it online!

Let's hope this may bring also back some other EA games (BF2MC anyone?)
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

MartinMilk
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: MartinMilkis

Post by MartinMilk »

Timesplitters would be nice to see back again, I know we have xlink but no one seem to use it anymore.
YouTube Channel: GaymingTube

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

Mytho
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

It's a shame that they have no plans to release the software should they get it working 100%. This seems to be the rule rather than the exception with a lot of these revival projects. :(
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

DJPlace006
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by DJPlace006 »

i would like to see james bond everything or nothing and lord of the rings return of the king back...

cammers1995
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by cammers1995 »

I am part of the team working on it. Its been delayed due to lots of red tape, but its functional.
Currently, whenever build/buy modes are entered, and whenever someone chats, the server boots you.

This is obviously a problem. :lol:

Also, DNAS shutting down will not impact this due to some bypass stuff I won't talk about yet. We are keeping this extremely tight lipped only because EA is prone to slap C&D letters on these projects because they absolutely hate it when people reverse engineer their code. Sims Online restoration groups keep shutting down due to this. So far, we are okay, which is why we are working very privately and no screens/videos will be released at all until the project is finished.

Sadly one of our team members went rouge and released the beta code on some warez and abandonware forums. I won't link to anything or tell you where, but if you look hard enough you can find it. If you do, I can't tell you how to get it running. My lippies are sealed. ;)