URGENT! DNAS SHUTDOWN

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
xCrI$TiAhNx
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: xCrISTiAhNx

Re: URGENT! DNAS SHUTDOWN

Post by xCrI$TiAhNx »

daps2 wrote:
xCrI$TiAhNx wrote:Hi guys!
Please notify people of OpenSPY and Bobz to add these addresses to their DNS servers, in such a way as I did with my DNS server:

Hostname-------------------------->Host IP Address
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org-->203.105.78.163
gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org-->203.105.78.162
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org-->203.105.78.164

Hostnames are not delivering any data automatically, and that is why it will be done manually in each of the DNS servers that exist.

I will notify them. So does it look like they are ahutring it down or is it just a technical issue?

Thanks for all your help :D
Apparently is permanent. And if they deny us access to the "Host IP Address", it would be the end because there is no other method... :(
DNS Server: 45.7.228.197

PlayStation 2 Online - Official Comunnity: https://ps2online.com/

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cristiahnxx

Twitch Channel: http://twitch.tv/xcristiahnx

(gmt-3)

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by daps2 »

xCrI$TiAhNx wrote:
daps2 wrote:
xCrI$TiAhNx wrote:Hi guys!
Please notify people of OpenSPY and Bobz to add these addresses to their DNS servers, in such a way as I did with my DNS server:

Hostname-------------------------->Host IP Address
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org-->203.105.78.163
gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org-->203.105.78.162
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org-->203.105.78.164

Hostnames are not delivering any data automatically, and that is why it will be done manually in each of the DNS servers that exist.

I will notify them. So does it look like they are ahutring it down or is it just a technical issue?

Thanks for all your help :D
Apparently is permanent. And if they deny us access to the "Host IP Address", it would be the end because there is no other method... :(
Lets hope they keep it up, i am pretty sure ps3 uses it for verifying a couple of things so we can remain at least a little bit hopeful

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

On March 31,that earlier believed to be the last day, the servers were almost empty ( it was Thursday) I wished it was Saturday or Sunday so many other players could enjoy last hours of playing too. Someone from Sony thought the same , so April 3th Sunday was the last day and there were a lot of players in CoD2.

daps2

Post by daps2 »

DonkeyKong wrote:On March 31,that earlier believed to be the last day, the servers were almost empty ( it was Thursday) I wished it was Saturday or Sunday so many other players could enjoy last hours of playing too. Someone from Sony thought the same , so April 3th Sunday was the last day and there were a lot of players in CoD2.
Cod 2 was busiest it has been in a long time, a great tribute and farewell to the ps2 online era

MartinMilk
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: MartinMilkis

Post by MartinMilk »

It seems like the Japanese version of DNAS is still online.
YouTube Channel: GaymingTube

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

No, all DNAS Servers cannot be resolved by the DNS servers.
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

cammers1995
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by cammers1995 »

I talked with a representative with SCEA support through the live support on the site. He/She stated that it did shut down. I guess they have been getting so many people asking so they finally were told today, thats what this support person said. Originally they completely declined to say anything.

I've tested myself several PS2 DNAS games, nothing is working. The japanese DNAS equivalent seems to be working, but not the american version.
Last edited by cammers1995 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartinMilk
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: MartinMilkis

Post by MartinMilk »

This is what the admin of Resident Evil Outbreak server said just now 'okay, it's just like mecha said. the address of gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org is no longer served by Sony's nameservers. But the IP of the DNAS server is still alive. No good sign ...'
YouTube Channel: GaymingTube

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

daps2

Post by daps2 »

MartinMilk wrote:It seems like the Japanese version of DNAS is still online.
Well here hopes it is a good sign, maybe just a technical issue. Highly doubt it though such a shame if this really is the end, there is still a large community. Since i joined this site in 2014, right after gamespy shutdown, the community has grown stronger and stronger, and right now it is the most active i have ever seen it. It is such a shame battlefield 2 wasnt able to be brought back. I reckon if it had we would easy have 2 times as much active players and maybe dnas would of lasted longer, but there are so many what ifs.

Here is to hoping we can find a workaround and can still play together.

That cod 2 game last night was a great send off to ps2 online. Multiple servers running and loads of players, most importantly though is that it was genuinely as much fun if not better than that of next gen games.

Lets all just try and get as much games in as possible while this workaround works and just enjoy the ps2!

cammers1995
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by cammers1995 »

MartinMilk wrote:This is what the admin of Resident Evil Outbreak server said just now 'okay, it's just like mecha said. the address of gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org is no longer served by Sony's nameservers. But the IP of the DNAS server is still alive. No good sign ...'
They are in the process of shutting it down. It was only a matter of time. I am surprised it lasted this long. Even the Wii didn't last and its newer.
Luckily we have LAN tunneling.

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying the Wii was good. ;)