Introducing PS2.NET (unified PS2 service similar to PSN)

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
xCrI$TiAhNx
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: xCrISTiAhNx

Re: Introducing PS2.NET (unified PS2 service similar to PSN)

Post by xCrI$TiAhNx »

Hi. I have seen on the Fan Page and they indicate that "Cold Winter" works 100%. I wonder, how?, as it has nothing to do with the list of games that you said, this are a GameSpy game and has another structure compared to the other games. I have given time to analyze and try to bring back this game, just missing fix a bug with the rooms.

Some more information about how is this possible?

PD: 1- The project is really interesting, the effort is appreciated
2- Sorry my english :)
DNS Server: 45.7.228.197

PlayStation 2 Online - Official Comunnity: https://ps2online.com/

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cristiahnxx

Twitch Channel: http://twitch.tv/xcristiahnx

(gmt-3)

ss4gogeta0
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: Ss4gogeta0

Post by ss4gogeta0 »

advertised on numerous websites including TIZ, EmuP, Save-MGO, Assembler Games, Facebook, and a few other places.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/ps2 ... -xbl.61082
https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2715
http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3578

not sure about linking the TIZ/EmuP threads I made as they are Iso sites... no idea what the rules are in regards to them

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

This is interesting news. How does this work exactly. Does this replace gamespy or any server in general? What about dnas?

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

From AssemblerGames forum.
Quite interesting.
DecoderRing
I was just lurking around when I came across this topic. It looked interesting until I saw the name camjam1995. i.e. cammers95, i.e. towgers, i.e. ccrogers/15, etc, and i.e a massive troll.

Then I realised why this all sounded so abstract, he probably doesn't know what he's talking about. DNS something something.

Take this with a grain of salt people since the guy behind this is popular for trolling the Spyro community (several fake rumours, probably including this eventual trainwreck of a topic), Croc community (fake Croc 3 rumour), Resident Evil community (various), Sims community ('Sims PS1' rumour), mostly with fake news and false promises. IIRC he was even banned from these forums for a Croc scandal but made a new account, which he used to defend himself briefly when I made a fuss back on the aforementioned Spyro 5 topic.

What's pretty sickening is that seeing some of the things he's said, this may well be a ruse to get developers to give him 'source codes' among other stuff, also assets from a Resident Evil project here, where he's already implying that actually this project will never happen, right on schedule ('project might be compromised due to leaked source codes'). This guy has messed with official developers before too, IIRC in the Croc scandal.

Grain of salt, people.

(to those wondering: yeah I actually spent time looking up all this stuff--I don't like making a fuss, but this guy just rubs me the wrong way every time I bump into another one of his shenanigans, this time an otherwise potentially cool PS2 revival idea [though such a thing sadly probably wouldn't gather enough players to be worth the massive hacking effort].)

cammers1995
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by cammers1995 »

Hopefully you know that I am not ccrogers. Two completely different people.

Regardless:
http://i63.tinypic.com/xaq9og.png (UGH, side note: I am SO tired of the forum not letting me post images using the img tags. Keeps saying it can't detect the size. Ugh.)

https://www.facebook.com/MintCookie-Gam ... 710979801/

We are not revealing anything publicly anymore due to the assumptions against us, the leaking of several bits of code on two separate sites and someone on twitter who keeps claiming he is apart of our group when he isn't. People are also saying we are part of that fake trolling company "creazn studios". I assure you that I am not ccrogers. Just because my name is "Cammers1995" doesn't mean I am the same person. Thats like saying someone with the name "Poobear" is the same as "poohbears". The internet is huge. Infact, I only am doing marketing and some coding for MintCookie Games. I am not even the head of the studio. We aren't a "Group" or a hacking company as whoever the guy on assembler games says we are. We are an actual company based out of Ashland, Pennsylvania.

cammers1995

Post by cammers1995 »

Please read https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9710979801

Thank you to the ones who actually believed us. The others, blah.

I am sorry some of it was misinterpreted. I am simply a lonely marketing guy who works for the game company developing the project and I was told some incorrect details. I absolutely did not intend to lie or deceive anyone.

PS2.net is happening, but I am not allowed to say anything else. I kinda got yelled at by Janice, my boss. She wasn't very pleased, but understood after someone vouched for me. I got incorrect information.

PS2net doesn't feature cross game chat, dlc, trophies, etc. Its simply like GameSpy in that it connects people to servers. I am sorry that I spread information that wasn't true. I absolutely was not doing it on purpose. It is simply what I was told. Understand that this is an indie studio where I work. I market for them and I am required to post information where, how, and when they tell me. Another thing, stop slandering me across boards. Again, this is a job.

I have a past history of trolling, lying and even hacking. That was when I was young. Now, I am a 23 year old working for an indie studio fresh out of college. I've done a ton of growing up and anything thats been said wasn't intended.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Just a reminder to everyone that a project like this is vaporware until it actually gets released. I have seen plenty of people come in and promise things while never delivering (Including myself). While this project might be legit, don't expect anything until something actually get released.

cammers1995

Post by cammers1995 »

Viscosity wrote:Just a reminder to everyone that a project like this is vaporware until it actually gets released. I have seen plenty of people come in and promise things while never delivering (Including myself). While this project might be legit, don't expect anything until something actually get released.
Thank You.

But here is an update, and its that I am no longer with the company. I was let go in a rage.

I made a long, extensive post about it on another forum, so rather than type a similar post I'll just copy and paste it:
Just an update that I am no longer with MintCookie Games as the marketing man. :))
Whatever, I have another job lined up anyways, so its no big deal.

Regardless, I wanted to apologize for what was said and what happened. I truly did not mean to do so. This is literally what I was told by two employees of the company and as marketing director on their payroll I obviously have to do what I am told. Regardless of what Janice says I was told to spread the word on any forum I am apart of that is related to gaming, so I did. I simply did what I was told, granted it was a lot of unintentional incorrect information.

Yes, I was exposed that I am ccrogers15, cammers1995, several other user names. I trolled many sites back in my teen years. I was a teen with alot of time on his hands. What do you expect? I've grown up since then, have gotten through college and started working at an indie game studio. Everything had been great for a year or two until this incident, thanks to Janice and her employees at mint cookie games. On another forum I said camjam1995 is not related to ccrogers15. This is absolutely not the case. I am him, but I was told by Janice to make up the story and keep quiet because she didn't want her company dragged into this, but that is too late. :)) Regardless of my termination from the studio, and my trolling past, PS2.net is a real project. It really is.

And no, regardless of what that dude from that sims online project said, No, I am not trying to steal any outbreak code. I've been here since the forum launched. I've played on the servers with you guys for years. I've been here chatting with you guys. If I wanted to steal it, don't you think I would have tried years ago? It seriously was not my intention. I respect what Fog and his friends have done and I respect his decision to keep it private. I love Resident Evil Outbreak. Its consistently been my favorite Resident Evil title for years and I played it back when it was officially online by Capcom on the original SNAP servers. My email is even "residenteviloutbreak@*******.com" lol. I even have my xbox live username as "residentevilout".
I didn't mean to lie, troll or do anything to the people here. Believe it or not, I actually like the people here. (Mostly, although this incident has gotten me to hate a couple people here.). I would never try to do anything like that.

Anyways, I should probably go for a bit. If you want to contact me or whatever, just message my username. I have the notifications set up. Again, I apologize, and despite my termination from the company and how I absolutely despise Janice, PS2.net is a real project that is really happening.

Also, word of advice for people in Ashland, PA who possibly decide to join the studio (they are hiring). DONT.
Janice doesn't do what other studios do. She pays hourly, and its minimum wage. TEN HOURS OF SITTING ON A COMPUTER FOR ONLY 7.25 AN HOUR. Ugh. The dream of mine to work in game development was a mistake. It is NOT what its cracked up to be. Especially when your bosses at the company give you false information that leads to you getting terminated even though it wasn't your fault. Additionally, our equipment for game development is OLD. Our computers were all running Windows Vista SP1 and even used computers from 2008ish. They were slow as a turtle. Its a wonder how Janice thinks we were going to port over Sations to Wii U or Vita. Also, she works you to death. She does NOTHING but stand behind you and point out flaws. This is a woman who should not be in game development or anything involving interaction with people. So, me and my fiance at this point at probably moving back to Michigan now. I loved the Pennsylvania area but I possibly have a job lined up at my dads restaurant until I can get on my feet after this. So we are also going to move back in with him and my dogs. :((

Whatever. At least I've earned unemployment. Lesson learned, don't work for a company like this who tries to get you to make a ton of cover ups and lie. I was doing a great job recovering from my teenage trolling past and thanks to Janice and her company this has probably been ruined. Thanks to that sims online admin who came here named RHY3756547, he has posted on numerous forums exposing this and saying its all fake, and now I've received a ton of spam and hate filled messages on my personal social media accounts so I had to turn both twitter and facebook private. I even messaged him to ask him to stop with the slander and he kept it going anyways, so thanks alot.

I don't know how far really this will go, because Janice is more bark than bite, but she says she will probably be filing a Civil Lawsuit for slander and defamation against a few people who participated in my forum posts. I doubt it will go far, but just putting it out there as a warning just in case. She claims these posts trying to debunk and discredit her company was a violation so she wants to open a suit. She told me that before she fired me, and I laughed and said I will tell them, to which she said she will sue me too. Go ahead. :rolleyes: Nothing hurtful really happened to her company. The only person who could technically sue would be me, because a few people on another forum posted my photos exposing me and that is the forum posts that got me fired from my company. But I am more mature and forgiving, so I won't.

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to get my point across.

Please don't support MintCookie Games, Janice or this project.

JamesCableCar
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by JamesCableCar »

good luck
Last edited by JamesCableCar on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D