Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
anton2k
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

Post by anton2k »

Hey Guys,

Have my old slimline ps2 sitting there, was gonna jump on and play a game of BF2MC, but from what i have been reading it is no more..... :( feel like i've lost a part of my child hood! was the first ever game i played online! Is there any way we can get this back up and running? i would be willing to help! Im a software developer! i really want to play bridge to far just one last time! :'( any one had any luck! feel so sad its no longer online! also just found out BF2142 is now also offline! :( sad times.

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

Post by daps2 »

Pm me if you are still interested in helping and i will update you on the situation with the game

anton2k
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by anton2k »

PM'd you

ps2forlife214
Xlink Kai username: shrekisdrek214

Post by ps2forlife214 »

Can someone tell me if this game is still active online? Last time i played it was 2014 using a. Custom dns i saw on youtube. Any info will help and if it's not online please message me i want help bring back this game online!

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by daps2 »

ps2forlife214 wrote:Can someone tell me if this game is still active online? Last time i played it was 2014 using a. Custom dns i saw on youtube. Any info will help and if it's not online please message me i want help bring back this game online!
Has been offline since gamespy shutdown. Gamespy parts are now emulated but in all honesty we need a file off EA which i have been promised by them a few times now and they have come up with different excuses each time

ps2forlife214
Xlink Kai username: shrekisdrek214

Post by ps2forlife214 »

So there is no way we can ever play this game online again? That sucks now i kinda feel dumb for buying a ps2 slim just recently

fredaskew
Xlink Kai username: fredaskew

Post by fredaskew »

Last edited by fredaskew on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMrIron2
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: TheMrIron2

Post by TheMrIron2 »

I would kill to play BF2 online! I only bought it on PS2 a few months back, and when I got my ps2 connected over Ethernet the first thing I tried was BF2 - and I found out that you can connect, which was hopeful for me, but I think I knew that it was shut down anyway. Would love to hear updates on the situation.

Also, the above guy saying it's still online is bullshitting and is just advertising a PC games website.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

The problem with BF2 is that you need dedicated servers to connect to. Those were originally hosted by EA. There is a hosting company that let users host them for a fee but they wouldn't show up on openspy. I don't understand the entire situation but that is pretty much the gist of it.

fredaskew
Xlink Kai username: fredaskew

Post by fredaskew »

This game is still online, But available on few gaming Official sites like Instant-gaming. If You want to download It you can also hop over to this website or can try out taking help from them.