SOCOM 1

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Eagle20Eye
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

SOCOM 1

Post by Eagle20Eye »

There are some guys over at The Real Socom, http://community.therealsocom.com/threa ... 29/page-18, currently working on getting SOCOM 1 up and running online by the end of this year, as well as Socom 2 in the near future! Does anyone have packet information for these games? Specifically Socom 1 as this is the game currently being worked on. If so, can you please share? Thank you in advance!

Mat_S7340
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Resistant_FTW

Re: SOCOM 1

Post by Mat_S7340 »

Thank you for sharing ;)
Nickname online : RésistantFTW
Time zone : Brussels GMT+1 (GTM+2 in summer) [Belgium]
My tutorial on the Playstation®2 : https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/les ... 35674.html

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

If SOCOM 1 is back, this will be an achievement! And some good things will come in the future!
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

@Hunk91 Definitely.
I think I read through the thread and the progress so far, and its a few tough packets that need to be encrypted for it. Good luck to Sir Tortis.

Eagle20Eye

Post by Eagle20Eye »

You're welcome!

There IS certainly a lot of work to be done. I recommend following the thread I provided as well as SOCOM Remastered on Facebook for updates as it SHOULD be done by the years end! Sir Tortis has done MULTIPLE games that were once thought dead in a matter of time and this is the project he is working on right now, at least one of them.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by no23 »

Eagle20Eye wrote: Sir Tortis has done MULTIPLE games that were once thought dead in a matter of time and this is the project he is working on right now, at least one of them.
I worked with him on TMB:O and give a helping hand now on SOCOM I. Out of pure curiosity, what are the other titles?

Eagle20Eye

Post by Eagle20Eye »

no23 wrote:
Eagle20Eye wrote: Sir Tortis has done MULTIPLE games that were once thought dead in a matter of time and this is the project he is working on right now, at least one of them.
I worked with him on TMB:O and give a helping hand now on SOCOM I. Out of pure curiosity, what are the other titles?

I apologize if I am incorrect, but I thought I read somewhere he had helped in bringing back the Resident Evil Outbreak titles as well, but I may be wrong on that? If so, that is my mistake!

Eagle20Eye

Post by Eagle20Eye »

no23 wrote:
I knew I did! I follow the group on Facebook called "SOCOM Remastered" and on September 10th they posted the following in reply to a comment posted by a user who had said "Hope all this is legit you know, we had an up roar about roumers this time last year about socom remastered":

"SOCOM Remastered Yes it's being done by a team who has already done metal gear solid, resident evil outbreak and twisted metal black"

I ASSUMED this guy posting this had an in on the project and the team as I heavily follow this page on Facebook and they are always in the know, on the update front. If I am wrong, again I apologize. I can only be as correct as the information I read provided by, who I think of, as reliable people.
Last edited by Eagle20Eye on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle20Eye

Post by Eagle20Eye »

And if you were talking about what other titles he MAY be working on, the same page has also gone on to post he will be doing, or attempting to do, Socom II for 2017. Again, just what I read and can't apologize enough if I have provided the wrong information to others that may have been shared with me.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by no23 »

I didn't mean to criticize your post. It's just that it's not 100% correct. The Outbreak servers were done by the_fog alone. We worked together to get TMB:O done and Sir Tortis is now working on SOCOM I, I am helping out here and there as time allows. There's no schedule for SOCOM II yet because the first game is already causing a lot of headaches (RSA and RC4 encryptions with alternating keys for every session) and the progress is a lot slower than we expected.

Just wanted to sort this out because I don't want Sir Tortis to be bombarded with emails like "please revive title XYZ", "when is ZYX done?". Things like this happen if people get the false impression of someone having revived MULTIPLE titles. I know what I'm talking about :(