Would it be possible to bring back the servers for Ratchet: Deadlocked?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Suppression
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Would it be possible to bring back the servers for Ratchet: Deadlocked?

Post by Suppression »

I played Ratchet: Deadlocked before it shut down in June 2012. The game used DNAS. Would it be possible to bring back its servers?

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Would it be possible to bring back the servers for Ratchet: Deadlocked?

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi! dnas is not a problem as long as Sony's Dnas server is Still running.

The problem would be to recreate the game server as it was on a dedicaded server (I mean it was not a shared server as gamespy was. Gamespy server was used for a lot of games).

I don't know how to recreate a server, but if you want to do this you will need packet captures from when the game was still online.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

Since DNAS is down forever, I'll add one more question.

Is there a chance No23 and other expert members will manage to pull up a DNAS server emulator for UYA and Deadlocked / Gladiator?
Also, I always wondered if UYA and DL / G are region exclusives, I mean, if you play the PAL version you'll be able to play only against PAL users.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by no23 »

HeroWolfMod wrote:Is there a chance No23 and other expert members will manage to pull up a DNAS server emulator for UYA and Deadlocked / Gladiator?
At this very moment I'm afraid this isn't possible. Only games in the DNAS forever collection can pass the authentification test. Every game uses a unique 1024 bit RSA key that is impossible for us to break currently. Maybe possible in a few years or decades?

Of course I am looking for further flaws DNAS that would allow us to add every game to the collection, but I wouldn't place a bet on this.

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

no23 wrote:
HeroWolfMod wrote:Is there a chance No23 and other expert members will manage to pull up a DNAS server emulator for UYA and Deadlocked / Gladiator?
At this very moment I'm afraid this isn't possible. Only games in the DNAS forever collection can pass the authentification test. Every game uses a unique 1024 bit RSA key that is impossible for us to break currently. Maybe possible in a few years or decades?

Of course I am looking for further flaws DNAS that would allow us to add every game to the collection, but I wouldn't place a bet on this.
Understood.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

DJPlace
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: DJPlace

Post by DJPlace »

i hope it happens...

Of course I am looking for further flaws DNAS that would allow us to add every game to the collection,
(gmt-5)