DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: DNAS forever

Post by Hunk91 »

Just to let everybody know that Bobz DNS has not redirect Dnas check to No23. You keep having Dnas failed.

Only Xcristianx DNS redirects Dnas check a'd allow you to play.

Tested with hot wheels Stunt Track Challenge
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DragonBoy
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

I've just tested Champions: Return to Arms and it also passed the DNAs. Both Champions of Norath and Return to Arms are NTSC version.

DJPlace
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: DJPlace

Post by DJPlace »

damn that sucks i wanted to add some games but i got sick. is it ever going be possible to add any games with this or are we screwed out of newer games?
(gmt-5)

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

That's an amazing job No23 is doing right now. But right now some of the game that are up again are giving me issues, I'll wait some more weeks. What's the situation with GameSpy games anyway?
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I tried to get as many GameSpy games as possible before it got shuttdown. If the game is on the list at the beginning of this topic then it should work. Not sure what DNS forwards both openspy and the server though ATM.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

At the moment only Xcristianx DNS redirects correctly the Dnas check.
Bobz Dns doesn't, and so are the others
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

But what about non-DNAS PS2 games? And how many of those do exist? I only know THPS3, THPS4 and Risk.
I guess using OpenSpy with the GameSpy supported games would work, but for me it doesn't. I tried connecting with THPS4. The game knows I'm connected, it gives me the option to choose a char, modify tricks, etc. and then I choose LAN or Internet. But when I select Internet, It fails to connect to the server. I wonder why.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

TheMrIron2
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: TheMrIron2

Post by TheMrIron2 »

The amount of teamwork here is phenomenal. Breathtaking work everyone, you have no idea how magical this is to me!

Anyway, if you need testing for PAL games, I'll jump at the chance to help - don't know how to packet capture (I could learn) but I could test a good few PAL games - including (but not limited to) Killzone, BF2, Jak X, XIII, Burnout 3/Revenge and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. If you need any help, I'll be keeping a close eye on this topic so just ask.

Edit: OutRun 2006 didn't get captured in EU *or* US? That game is a masterpiece of an arcade racer, please tell me there will be in future some sort of hope to revive it - I gotta know!

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Ok I think we need to make some things very clear.

1. Just because DNAS works for old games now doesn't mean they have servers to connect to
DNAS was a check for sony to stop pirating and cheating. DNAS being down stops games that could still connect online from getting online.
If a game doesn't have a server to connect to, then this does nothing to change that fact.

2. You need to use a DNS that forwards to this new DNAS server as well as the server you are connecting to
Not every DNS has updated or sends to the right server for every game. This will have to be tested and verified by other users.

TheMrIron2
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: TheMrIron2

Post by TheMrIron2 »

I think some people didn't understand the above - add it to the first post so that people know that skipping the DNAS check doesn't mean your favourite game has been resurrected