DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
User avatar
HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:59 pm
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod
Contact:

Re: DNAS forever

Post by HeroWolfMod » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Hellol, I was recently trying to go online with Tony Hawk Underground 1 for PS2, NTSC version, since the game appears in the US list of saved packets. I also tried with THPS3 and THPS4, but those are PAL, and don't have DNAS, so you can ignore these two, maybe.
Here's the problem: The game tells me it can't automatically redirect me to the server address, so I put this DNS 190.91.90.160 (not the one that starts with 24, that's Bobz's, and I heard he has yet to update his DNS) I got from this .pdf http://www.cjoint.com/doc/16_10/FJllYqqlLAV_ps2.pdf , my IP, Subnet mask and Gateway. When I do so, it connects, sends me to the character selection screen, I choose the character, accept the DNAS check and I get one of these 3 DNAS Error codes: 611, 612 and 613.

I was wondering if it's because I can't reach the third party server or if the DNAS has got problems.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

tombraiderpro
Level 4: Rumble Group
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 am
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Contact:

Re: DNAS forever

Post by tombraiderpro » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 am

@HeroWolfMod This is a bit off topic, however when I clicked on that PDF link my Anti-Virus software came up and said that website contains a Virus (A worm, to be specific.) Be careful what you view on the web! This was more information about the threat, it was classified as a "Very Low" threat but that doesn't mean it still can't do harm https://www.symantec.com/security_respo ... &vid=38090
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

User avatar
HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:59 pm
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod
Contact:

Re: DNAS forever

Post by HeroWolfMod » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:11 pm

tombraiderpro wrote:@HeroWolfMod This is a bit off topic, however when I clicked on that PDF link my Anti-Virus software came up and said that website contains a Virus (A worm, to be specific.) Be careful what you view on the web! This was more information about the threat, it was classified as a "Very Low" threat but that doesn't mean it still can't do harm https://www.symantec.com/security_respo ... &vid=38090
Weird, my antivirus didn't say anything about that pdf. However, I didn't mean to harm others' computers, I swear! I just wanted to know about the THUG server or NTSC DNAS emulated server conditions.
If it's off topic, then I apologize. What section of this forum would be great to post the problem?
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

tombraiderpro
Level 4: Rumble Group
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 am
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Contact:

Re: DNAS forever

Post by tombraiderpro » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:12 pm

My Anti-Virus is sometimes too sensitive, the file could be fine. Also I was saying my most was off topic, not yours.
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

Gabe Logan
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:09 am

Re: DNAS forever

Post by Gabe Logan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:37 am

Question:
Has anyone successfully connected to the Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online lobby?

I've bypassed the DNAS authentication but after reaching "retrieving universe/regions list" I get an error.
Image

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: DNAS forever

Post by DonkeyKong » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:45 am

Gabe Logan wrote:Question:
Has anyone successfully connected to the Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online lobby?

I've bypassed the DNAS authentication but after reaching "retrieving universe/regions list" I get an error.

Servers of this game are closed
You can no longer play it.

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 pm
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by carcass64 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:23 pm

The Good new is that Syphon Filter the omega strain was part of the DNAS capturing. Bad News is that no one has made a private server yet.
Apparently, someone with the username Brandon4629 from the SF central forums was attempting: http://sf-central.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3666

Maybe he could ask no.23 for advice if he is still working on reviving the server. Capture packets from when the game was still online would be of great help. I'm not sure if Bobz has packets or not. The more packets, the better.

Sewpar
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:56 pm
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by Sewpar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Hello everyone! I'm very new to PS2 Online and I'm trying to play some games online, such as Area 51 and Project: Blindstorm (they're on original discs). I own a FAT PS2 with the Network Adapter. Unfortunately, I'm very confused and can't get online to work, even after looking up many information sources. I want to play PAL Area 51 but I just can't figure out how! As I understand, DNAS is down forever and whenever I try to connect to the network I get the -611 error. When I input the DNAS Primary DNS into my network configuration file (167.114.40.4), I seem to be able to bypass DNAS but later I can't connect to GameSpy. I'm aware that GameSpy is no longer functioning as well but I heard that you can use OpenSpy. But how do I use its DNS at the same time with the DNAS one in the first page? I'm probably missing something and I'm very confused, please help! Thank you!

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: DNAS forever

Post by DonkeyKong » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Sewpar wrote:. When I input the DNAS Primary DNS into my network configuration file (167.114.40.4), I seem to be able to bypass DNAS but later I can't connect to GameSpy. I'm aware that GameSpy is no longer functioning as well but I heard that you can use OpenSpy. But how do I use its DNS at the same time with the DNAS one in the first page? I'm probably missing something and I'm very confused, please help! Thank you!
Try this DNS: 186.34.212.90
It should work.

Sewpar
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:56 pm
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by Sewpar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:40 pm

DonkeyKong wrote:
Sewpar wrote:. When I input the DNAS Primary DNS into my network configuration file (167.114.40.4), I seem to be able to bypass DNAS but later I can't connect to GameSpy. I'm aware that GameSpy is no longer functioning as well but I heard that you can use OpenSpy. But how do I use its DNS at the same time with the DNAS one in the first page? I'm probably missing something and I'm very confused, please help! Thank you!
Try this DNS: 186.34.212.90
It should work.
Thank you very much for your response! Unfortunately, when I try to connect, it times out when connecting to GameSpy and I get an error "Unable to connect to the GameSpy service at this time. Please try again later." How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Post Reply