DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
tombraiderpro
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by tombraiderpro »

@HeroWolfMod This is a bit off topic, however when I clicked on that PDF link my Anti-Virus software came up and said that website contains a Virus (A worm, to be specific.) Be careful what you view on the web! This was more information about the threat, it was classified as a "Very Low" threat but that doesn't mean it still can't do harm https://www.symantec.com/security_respo ... &vid=38090
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

HeroWolfMod
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

tombraiderpro wrote:@HeroWolfMod This is a bit off topic, however when I clicked on that PDF link my Anti-Virus software came up and said that website contains a Virus (A worm, to be specific.) Be careful what you view on the web! This was more information about the threat, it was classified as a "Very Low" threat but that doesn't mean it still can't do harm https://www.symantec.com/security_respo ... &vid=38090
Weird, my antivirus didn't say anything about that pdf. However, I didn't mean to harm others' computers, I swear! I just wanted to know about the THUG server or NTSC DNAS emulated server conditions.
If it's off topic, then I apologize. What section of this forum would be great to post the problem?
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

tombraiderpro

Post by tombraiderpro »

My Anti-Virus is sometimes too sensitive, the file could be fine. Also I was saying my most was off topic, not yours.
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

Gabe Logan
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Gabe Logan »

Question:
Has anyone successfully connected to the Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online lobby?

I've bypassed the DNAS authentication but after reaching "retrieving universe/regions list" I get an error.

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

Gabe Logan wrote:Question:
Has anyone successfully connected to the Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online lobby?

I've bypassed the DNAS authentication but after reaching "retrieving universe/regions list" I get an error.

Servers of this game are closed
You can no longer play it.

carcass64

Post by carcass64 »

The Good new is that Syphon Filter the omega strain was part of the DNAS capturing. Bad News is that no one has made a private server yet.
Apparently, someone with the username Brandon4629 from the SF central forums was attempting: http://sf-central.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3666

Maybe he could ask no.23 for advice if he is still working on reviving the server. Capture packets from when the game was still online would be of great help. I'm not sure if Bobz has packets or not. The more packets, the better.

Sewpar

Post by Sewpar »

Hello everyone! I'm very new to PS2 Online and I'm trying to play some games online, such as Area 51 and Project: Blindstorm (they're on original discs). I own a FAT PS2 with the Network Adapter. Unfortunately, I'm very confused and can't get online to work, even after looking up many information sources. I want to play PAL Area 51 but I just can't figure out how! As I understand, DNAS is down forever and whenever I try to connect to the network I get the -611 error. When I input the DNAS Primary DNS into my network configuration file (167.114.40.4), I seem to be able to bypass DNAS but later I can't connect to GameSpy. I'm aware that GameSpy is no longer functioning as well but I heard that you can use OpenSpy. But how do I use its DNS at the same time with the DNAS one in the first page? I'm probably missing something and I'm very confused, please help! Thank you!

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Sewpar wrote:. When I input the DNAS Primary DNS into my network configuration file (167.114.40.4), I seem to be able to bypass DNAS but later I can't connect to GameSpy. I'm aware that GameSpy is no longer functioning as well but I heard that you can use OpenSpy. But how do I use its DNS at the same time with the DNAS one in the first page? I'm probably missing something and I'm very confused, please help! Thank you!
Try this DNS: 186.34.212.90
It should work.

Sewpar

Post by Sewpar »

DonkeyKong wrote:
Sewpar wrote:. When I input the DNAS Primary DNS into my network configuration file (167.114.40.4), I seem to be able to bypass DNAS but later I can't connect to GameSpy. I'm aware that GameSpy is no longer functioning as well but I heard that you can use OpenSpy. But how do I use its DNS at the same time with the DNAS one in the first page? I'm probably missing something and I'm very confused, please help! Thank you!
Try this DNS: 186.34.212.90
It should work.
Thank you very much for your response! Unfortunately, when I try to connect, it times out when connecting to GameSpy and I get an error "Unable to connect to the GameSpy service at this time. Please try again later." How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Sewpar wrote:Thank you very much for your response! Unfortunately, when I try to connect, it times out when connecting to GameSpy and I get an error "Unable to connect to the GameSpy service at this time. Please try again later." How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
This game used to work with this DNS, however it is quite unstable. Try to make you nickname with 3 lowercase letters and set up a birthday to somewhere in 1980. It might help you.