DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
skonafid
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by skonafid »

Is anyone ever going to make a Burnout 3 server. It's a really good game

Mike4Real
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed

Post by Mike4Real »

Are these addresses still up for the DNAS workaround or have they been changed?

gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org 149.56.101.45
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.4
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.5

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Mike4Real wrote:Are these addresses still up for the DNAS workaround or have they been changed?

gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org 149.56.101.45
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.4
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.5
Hi Mike,

unfortunatly those DNAS server address and IP are no longer responding.

A DNAS replacement server was made by No23 and xcristiahnx and Bobz DNS are redirecting the DNAS requests to the replacement server.

Not all the games are working, only those which were tested during the DNAS collecting phase. There's a thread about it on the forum.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Mike4Real

Post by Mike4Real »

Hunk91 wrote:Hi Mike,

unfortunatly those DNAS server address and IP are no longer responding.

A DNAS replacement server was made by No23 and xcristiahnx and Bobz DNS are redirecting the DNAS requests to the replacement server.

Not all the games are working, only those which were tested during the DNAS collecting phase. There's a thread about it on the forum.
Thanks for the reply. So no23 has taken down his DNAS workaround and now xcristiahnx / Bobz are hosting it instead? Is that right? I know not all the games are working, I am mainly asking because I don't think the SWBFspy DNS (74.91.125.138) is working for SWBF1 and SWBF2 anymore. SWBFspy was redirecting DNAS requests to the workaround that no23 made. What are the new number entries for DNAS that xcristiahnx / Bobz have set up?

Mike4Real

Post by Mike4Real »

Alright so from what I understand now, Christian is hosting a DNAS server too.

This is the only entry I know, it is for the North American region:
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org 199.195.251.151

Shoutouts to oldsnake from http://www.swbfgamers.com for figuring this out with wireshark. I am not sure who is in control of 199.195.251.151, I am just assuming it is Christian but if anyone knows more, please let me know.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Mike4Real wrote:Alright so from what I understand now, Christian is hosting a DNAS server too.

This is the only entry I know, it is for the North American region:
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org 199.195.251.151

Shoutouts to oldsnake from http://www.swbfgamers.com for figuring this out with wireshark. I am not sure who is in control of 199.195.251.151, I am just assuming it is Christian but if anyone knows more, please let me know.
Hi MIke!

It's also working for PAL games. I was able to host a game for Area51 (Pal Version) using XcristihanX DNS.

Best regards

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

199.195.251.151 is my cheapo testing vps. Didn't know I left the DNAS thing running on there. Lucky for you guys I guess.
I know my sites still messed up, but DNS should have been back up a few days ago.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Bobz1993 wrote:199.195.251.151 is my cheapo testing vps. Didn't know I left the DNAS thing running on there. Lucky for you guys I guess.
I know my sites still messed up, but DNS should have been back up a few days ago.
Thank you so much Bob for your DNAS server hoted on your vps! This helps us to continue to play our games online!

Would you mind to give us some informations on how to insall the DNAS server script on a server? I'm really interested by all those technical aspects! I'm looking for a good vps service (with a very low price, unless you know where we can get a free vps?) in order to install this DNAS script!

Or may be making an image of your vps hardrive? Like this, it would be much easier to replicate it on another vps.

best regards

Mike4Real

Post by Mike4Real »

Bobz1993 wrote:199.195.251.151 is my cheapo testing vps. Didn't know I left the DNAS thing running on there. Lucky for you guys I guess.
Okay thank you for telling us. I agree with what Hunk91 has said, thank you for hosting it, and also could you maybe explain to us a bit about how it is done? Do you need a Linux VPS?

I have some other questions too, do you intend to keep your DNAS workaround up for some time? Or do you intend to take it down at some point? I ask because there is usually an annual Star Wars Battlefront 2 tournament each summer and the teams would be relying on a DNAS workaround being up at that time in order to play.

Also do you have the other regions working too or just North America? Do you have entries for these:
gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

I have no intention of taking it down, I just forgot I had put it there in the first place. It currently only supports NA because my VPS only has 1 IP. Options are buying IP addresses, or more VPSes. Each region needs its own IP due to legacy SSL rules (modern systems can support multiple SSL domains per IP, but the PS2 is too old).

Running it yourself is simple enough with what is provided. I've forked no23's repo to fix a small, but important issue. (https://github.com/bobz1993/DNASrep). What's included will basically run out of the box if you're running a Linux Apache server with SSL and PHP. All you have to do is change the IP address in the included Apache config to your own. The config file is setup to point right to those files. However, you can simply modify the config/paths and you can run it on anything (Windows).

Only hiccup we ran into while testing was that the php mcrypt extension was not setup initially. It might already be working on another installation, but I had to do it manually.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.