DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: DNAS forever

Post by lazyhoboguy »

WOW! I am not sure if I competley understand this, but this means that the games what work with this will be able to pass the DNAS check without actually using sony servers? So if a game can pass the DNAS check and works on openspy, or has it's server re-made, they game will be working online forever? If so, this is like the biggest development for ps2onlinegaming in years! Thanks so much no23!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I have stickied this topic.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

I Just tested sniper Elite Us version (NTSC-U) and Dnas check passed!
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by no23 »

Agent13 wrote:One Question: Monster Hunter G for ps2 uses KDDI?
Well, I haven't tested it, but Monster Hunter and Monster Hunter dos are KDDI based. When I added Monster Hunter G to the DNAS forever list I saw the usual connection to the old KDDI server. To answer your question: yes! (and that means a revival is possible).

Agent13
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Agent13 »

no23 wrote:
Well, I haven't tested it, but Monster Hunter and Monster Hunter dos are KDDI based. When I added Monster Hunter G to the DNAS forever list I saw the usual connection to the old KDDI server. To answer your question: yes! (and that means a revival is possible).
Good! I'm glad to hear. Ps2 Monster Hunters revival is a great archievement!

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote:
Another great project in the near future ! Count me in for beta testing! ;-)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DragonBoy
Xlink Kai username: DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

Thank you very much for all your hard work. Please also count me in if there's going to be any beta testing.

Please forgive my ignorance, but do you think since this development with the DNAs, that Champions of Norath will be amongst one of the games that we will see back online again? :)

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

DragonBoy wrote:Thank you very much for all your hard work. Please also count me in if there's going to be any beta testing.

Please forgive my ignorance, but do you think since this development with the DNAs, that Champions of Norath will be amongst one of the games that we will see back online again? :)
Hi!

Champions Of Norath US version (NTSC-U) was tested during the DNAS packets collectiing phase. But for now, to my knowledges there are no DNS servers compatible with this game. You can still try to test with this DNS : 186.34.189.167 and let us know about the result. The DNAS check should pass, but I don't know if you can create a session or else. Your feedback is important because this will confirm if this game is still playable or not. If the game is still playable I will modify the list, if not you will have to hope for someone to work on it and to succed to bring it back online.

One thing I would like to say about the list, for nearly every japanese games I put NOK becasue of No DNS, but it is because I don't know if those games are still playable. I can't find any informations about private servers.
No23 with the persons you know from the japanese comunity on obsrv.org, can you ask them if they have some alternative servers for those japanese games? It's just to be sure that the list is really accurate.

DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

Thank you for the answer, I will test it tonight and let you guys know of the result... :)

DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

I've just tried it... I was able to successfully pass the DNAs authentication. Unfortunately when i tried to create a game I got a message that said "connecting" and after a while another message that said "disconnected. Network connection has been lost." But DNAs was passed so I'm happy anyway... :)