DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: DNAS forever

Post by Hunk91 »

Bobz1993 wrote:I have no intention of taking it down, I just forgot I had put it there in the first place. It currently only supports NA because my VPS only has 1 IP. Options are buying IP addresses, or more VPSes. Each region needs its own IP due to legacy SSL rules (modern systems can support multiple SSL domains per IP, but the PS2 is too old).

Running it yourself is simple enough with what is provided. I've forked no23's repo to fix a small, but important issue. (https://github.com/bobz1993/DNASrep). What's included will basically run out of the box if you're running a Linux Apache server with SSL and PHP. All you have to do is change the IP address in the included Apache config to your own. The config file is setup to point right to those files. However, you can simply modify the config/paths and you can run it on anything (Windows).

Only hiccup we ran into while testing was that the php mcrypt extension was not setup initially. It might already be working on another installation, but I had to do it manually.
Hi bobz ! Thanks a lot for those great informations !
Is it possible to contact you via PM ? I would like to have your opinion about some questions

Best regards
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

PM is fine, but other means are preferred since the forum doesn't send notifications when I get them. admin@bobzent.info will go straight to my phone.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

Mat_S7340
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai username: Resistant_FTW

Post by Mat_S7340 »

@ Mike4Real

I wanted to let you know that SWBF1 & 2 (PAL version) does not work with the DNS of SWBFspy and Christian's DNS since
the official closure of the DNAS servers.

Is it possible to do something for PAL servers?
Nickname online : RésistantFTW
Time zone : Brussels GMT+1 (GTM+2 in summer) [Belgium]
My tutorial on the Playstation®2 : https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/les ... 35674.html

Mike4Real
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Mike4Real »

Mat_S7340 wrote:@ Mike4Real

I wanted to let you know that SWBF1 & 2 (PAL version) does not work with the DNS of SWBFspy and Christian's DNS since
the official closure of the DNAS servers.

Is it possible to do something for PAL servers?
It didn't even work between October 2016 and January 2017? I know Sony shut down their DNAS in October and then there was a DNAS workaround that I think had all 3 regions running for a few months.

Anyway I think the problem now is that there is no DNAS workaround setup for your region. From what I understand, your PS2 is looking for a DNAS server at gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org, but there is nothing there. As Bobz was saying, i think a separate IP address and server would be needed to get other regions up and running with this:
https://github.com/bobz1993/DNASrep

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

HI all!

Bobz Dnas server only works for NTSC-U games as the ip he uses is only for US games as he only has 1 IP. He needs to get (or someone can get) a second IP for PAL games and to run a VPS with the DNAS repository installed on it
It currently only supports NA because my VPS only has 1 IP. Options are buying IP addresses, or more VPSes. Each region needs its own IP due to legacy SSL rules (modern systems can support multiple SSL domains per IP, but the PS2 is too old).

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Mat_S7340

Post by Mat_S7340 »

Yes, you are right Mike4Real the SWBF PAL servers worked a few months after the official closure of the DNAS server.
It is since No23 stopped hiding the DNAS server that the problems have arrived ...

But I do not understand why no one hosts these servers ?
My tutorial on the Playstation®2 : https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/les ... 35674.html

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Mat_S7340 wrote:Yes, you are right Mike4Real the SWBF PAL servers worked a few months after the official closure of the DNAS server.
It is since No23 stopped hiding the DNAS server that the problems have arrived ...

But I do not understand why no one hosts these servers ?
Hey Mat! i can see that you are connected on dracula's server now! I saw it via game tracker

Mat_S7340

Post by Mat_S7340 »

Yes last night I played a little bit at SWBF2 NTSC :D

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

I got off my ass and setup a new VPS for PAL DNAS. Enjoy. However, my site is gone atm, so any games that need a file to show a message in-game will not work for a bit for any region until I get the rest of my shit together. As for JPN DNAS, I haven't heard anyone wanting the support, and I doubt we'd see it here considering the language barrier anyway, so I will continue to keep being a cheap pos and not buy another, at least for now...
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Bobz1993 wrote:I got off my ass and setup a new VPS for PAL DNAS. Enjoy. However, my site is gone atm, so any games that need a file to show a message in-game will not work for a bit for any region until I get the rest of my shit together. As for JPN DNAS, I haven't heard anyone wanting the support, and I doubt we'd see it here considering the language barrier anyway, so I will continue to keep being a cheap pos and not buy another, at least for now...
Thank you Bob! That's a great news! Would you mind tout share the ip address offre this PAL Dans server?

Best regards