Page 16 of 17

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm
by Bobz1993
I have no intention of taking it down, I just forgot I had put it there in the first place. It currently only supports NA because my VPS only has 1 IP. Options are buying IP addresses, or more VPSes. Each region needs its own IP due to legacy SSL rules (modern systems can support multiple SSL domains per IP, but the PS2 is too old).

Running it yourself is simple enough with what is provided. I've forked no23's repo to fix a small, but important issue. (https://github.com/bobz1993/DNASrep). What's included will basically run out of the box if you're running a Linux Apache server with SSL and PHP. All you have to do is change the IP address in the included Apache config to your own. The config file is setup to point right to those files. However, you can simply modify the config/paths and you can run it on anything (Windows).

Only hiccup we ran into while testing was that the php mcrypt extension was not setup initially. It might already be working on another installation, but I had to do it manually.

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:11 pm
by Hunk91
Bobz1993 wrote:I have no intention of taking it down, I just forgot I had put it there in the first place. It currently only supports NA because my VPS only has 1 IP. Options are buying IP addresses, or more VPSes. Each region needs its own IP due to legacy SSL rules (modern systems can support multiple SSL domains per IP, but the PS2 is too old).

Running it yourself is simple enough with what is provided. I've forked no23's repo to fix a small, but important issue. (https://github.com/bobz1993/DNASrep). What's included will basically run out of the box if you're running a Linux Apache server with SSL and PHP. All you have to do is change the IP address in the included Apache config to your own. The config file is setup to point right to those files. However, you can simply modify the config/paths and you can run it on anything (Windows).

Only hiccup we ran into while testing was that the php mcrypt extension was not setup initially. It might already be working on another installation, but I had to do it manually.
Hi bobz ! Thanks a lot for those great informations !
Is it possible to contact you via PM ? I would like to have your opinion about some questions

Best regards

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:05 pm
by Bobz1993
PM is fine, but other means are preferred since the forum doesn't send notifications when I get them. admin@bobzent.info will go straight to my phone.

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:56 pm
by Mat_S7340
@ Mike4Real

I wanted to let you know that SWBF1 & 2 (PAL version) does not work with the DNS of SWBFspy and Christian's DNS since
the official closure of the DNAS servers.

Is it possible to do something for PAL servers?

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 am
by Mike4Real
Mat_S7340 wrote:@ Mike4Real

I wanted to let you know that SWBF1 & 2 (PAL version) does not work with the DNS of SWBFspy and Christian's DNS since
the official closure of the DNAS servers.

Is it possible to do something for PAL servers?
It didn't even work between October 2016 and January 2017? I know Sony shut down their DNAS in October and then there was a DNAS workaround that I think had all 3 regions running for a few months.

Anyway I think the problem now is that there is no DNAS workaround setup for your region. From what I understand, your PS2 is looking for a DNAS server at gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org, but there is nothing there. As Bobz was saying, i think a separate IP address and server would be needed to get other regions up and running with this:
https://github.com/bobz1993/DNASrep

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:19 am
by Hunk91
HI all!

Bobz Dnas server only works for NTSC-U games as the ip he uses is only for US games as he only has 1 IP. He needs to get (or someone can get) a second IP for PAL games and to run a VPS with the DNAS repository installed on it
It currently only supports NA because my VPS only has 1 IP. Options are buying IP addresses, or more VPSes. Each region needs its own IP due to legacy SSL rules (modern systems can support multiple SSL domains per IP, but the PS2 is too old).

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 pm
by Mat_S7340
Yes, you are right Mike4Real the SWBF PAL servers worked a few months after the official closure of the DNAS server.
It is since No23 stopped hiding the DNAS server that the problems have arrived ...

But I do not understand why no one hosts these servers ?

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 pm
by Hunk91
Mat_S7340 wrote:Yes, you are right Mike4Real the SWBF PAL servers worked a few months after the official closure of the DNAS server.
It is since No23 stopped hiding the DNAS server that the problems have arrived ...

But I do not understand why no one hosts these servers ?
Hey Mat! i can see that you are connected on dracula's server now! I saw it via game tracker

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:16 pm
by Mat_S7340
Yes last night I played a little bit at SWBF2 NTSC :D

Re: DNAS forever

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:10 am
by Bobz1993
I got off my ass and setup a new VPS for PAL DNAS. Enjoy. However, my site is gone atm, so any games that need a file to show a message in-game will not work for a bit for any region until I get the rest of my shit together. As for JPN DNAS, I haven't heard anyone wanting the support, and I doubt we'd see it here considering the language barrier anyway, so I will continue to keep being a cheap pos and not buy another, at least for now...