KDDI MultiMatchimg BB emulation

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

KDDI MultiMatchimg BB emulation

Post by DonkeyKong »

It was a KDDI server network that was used for Capcom and SNK games in Japan and was closed in 2011. Now we have three MMBB titles that are currently running on private servers (as far as I know): Biohazard Outbreak File 1 & File 2; Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Z-Gundam .
So, can the other games that used this service be brought back online with that information and working server code that exists for those three games?

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: KDDI MultiMatchimg BB emulation

Post by Hunk91 »

No23 said Monster Hunter server was based on KDDI and it May be back online. So May be there are some similarities for those games.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

BevP99
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: rocker9375

Post by BevP99 »

I wish we could do something, but the NTSC - J versions of CVS2, MVC2 and other Capcom games used the modem. Which comes with other issues like apparently needing a Japanese ISP, phone numbers and other confusing crap.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

BevP99 wrote:I wish we could do something, but the NTSC - J versions of CVS2, MVC2 and other Capcom games used the modem. Which comes with other issues like apparently needing a Japanese ISP, phone numbers and other confusing crap.
In the dreamcast community I read someone was using à phoneline transducer to converter modem to Lan data... Maybe something to work on
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

BevP99 wrote:I wish we could do something, but the NTSC - J versions of CVS2, MVC2 and other Capcom games used the modem. Which comes with other issues like apparently needing a Japanese ISP, phone numbers and other confusing crap.
Maybe you should use DC-PC method, so while configuring your network settings the any phone number can be set since it doesn't matter. And that was just first MM service that closed in 2008 and seemed to be something different from its Broadband successor.

BevP99
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: rocker9375

Post by BevP99 »

DonkeyKong wrote:
Maybe you should use DC-PC method, so while configuring your network settings the any phone number can be set since it doesn't matter. And that was just first MM service that closed in 2008 and seemed to be something different from its Broadband successor.
I'm talking about the PS2... Just check the Network Menu on CVS2, it mentions using a modem connection, dial and pulse and other settings.

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

BevP99 wrote:I'm talking about the PS2... Just check the Network Menu on CVS2, it mentions using a modem connection, dial and pulse and other settings.
Hmmm... I have forgotten that it was released on PS2 , I only played the Dreamcast version. And it seems to be the only MultiMatching Dial-up game on a PS2 and a I can understand it supports USB Modems ,because Sony's Network Adapter was released after this game. And does this game feature the broadband support or only dial-up?

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I have a pc-dc setup for my dreamcast. I kind of always wanted to see how some games worked with dial up. There are actually quite a few games that supported it.

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Viscosity wrote:I have a pc-dc setup for my dreamcast. I kind of always wanted to see how some games worked with dial up. There are actually quite a few games that supported it.
Actually there were only a few games that supported broadband, but I guess almost all Dreamcast online games supported dial-up

tool8
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by tool8 »

So Im bumping this out of pure curiosity. There is rumors that there is a Monster Hunter online server in the making. Also a private forum for beta testing and discussion etc. Can someone add info about this?