The original No DNAS games list

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Re: The original No DNAS games list

Post by DonkeyKong »

Hunk91 wrote:Do youthink it is the same case as Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 I mean online mode but only with modem connection or does it have a broadband online mode as the official network adapter was released then?
Image I think it has only dial-up in the original version and it is compatible with both P2GATE and Network adapter. They understood their mistake and released the updated version with full broadband support.Image As I have told earlier KDDI closed its dial-up service in 2008 ,so the original version is unplayable online since then ,but updated "U.S. Tuned" version had its servers up to 2011.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

DonkeyKong wrote: I think it has only dial-up in the original version and it is compatible with both P2GATE and Network adapter. They understood their mistake and released the updated version with full broadband support.

As I have told earlier KDDI closed its dial-up service in 2008 ,so the original version is unplayable online since then ,but updated "U.S. Tuned" version had its servers up to 2011.
Thank you DonkeyKong.

I was thinking that if the first version had broadband support so this version had no DNAS and may be with some tweaking of the kddi server it could be possible to bring it back online.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by no23 »

Hunk91 wrote:I was thinking that if the first version had broadband support so this version had no DNAS and may be with some tweaking of the kddi server it could be possible to bring it back online.
The NTSC-U version of Automodellista (SN@P based) didn't use DNAS. It's quite likely that the NTSC-J version doesn't use it either. Mhm, about KDDI, it's worth a try. I'll see if I can get the game. (You know, I don't use ISOs, only original discs).

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote: The NTSC-U version of Automodellista (SN@P based) didn't use DNAS. It's quite likely that the NTSC-J version doesn't use it either. Mhm, about KDDI, it's worth a try. I'll see if I can get the game. (You know, I don't use ISOs, only original discs).
That is music to my ears! If you have time to check this and let us know about the possibility of geting it back online, a lot of people (especialy the japanese community I think) would be happy!

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

no23

Post by no23 »

Today I've been told that Automodellista U.S Tuned NTSC-J used DNAS :(
Grrr, I just ordered the game for a high price ...
Nevertheless I'll let you know if a revival is possible.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote:Today I've been told that Automodellista U.S Tuned NTSC-J used DNAS :(
Grrr, I just ordered the game for a high price ...
Nevertheless I'll let you know if a revival is possible.
Damn ! I'm sad for you No23! It's a very funy game. I hope the Best for your researches.and studies about the network play of the game!
May be with a DNAS bypass code it will be possible to remove the Dnas check.

A question I was wondering, do you Think that the Dnas server could send some of this code to the players. I mean the player connect to the Dnas server for Dnas check, the server send a code in order to change the Hex value on the player console and the Dnas check passes. I don't know if I'm clear about that. The server would act like à cheat device.

no23

Post by no23 »

Hunk91 wrote:May be with a DNAS bypass code it will be possible to remove the Dnas check.
Yep. Here's the pnach:

Code: Select all

comment=Automodellista U.S. tuned

// noDNAS
patch=1,EE,0073c6d0,word,03e00008
patch=1,EE,0073c6d4,word,24020001
Hunk91 wrote:A question I was wondering, do you Think that the Dnas server could send some of this code to the players. I mean the player connect to the Dnas server for Dnas check, the server send a code in order to change the Hex value on the player console and the Dnas check passes. I don't know if I'm clear about that. The server would act like à cheat device.
Unfortunately, this is not how DNAS works. The data send by the server is decrypted with a key on the gamedisc and checked for validity. Then the data is wiped.

On the pro side:
I quickly checked the game against a basic setup of the Outbreak servers and I can say it's pretty similar. I was able to enter a playerhandle which means connection handling and encryption for the lobby server is identical. This alone doesn't mean much but from other games using KDDI I know that a revival is highly possible 8-)

So, is there enough demand for the first 3D cell shading game in history of the Playstation 2 ?

Btw., I am cluttering your topic, maybe a moderator is so kind to move this into its own thread ?

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote:
Hunk91 wrote:May be with a DNAS bypass code it will be possible to remove the Dnas check.
Yep. Here's the pnach:

Code: Select all

comment=Automodellista U.S. tuned

// noDNAS
patch=1,EE,0073c6d0,word,03e00008
patch=1,EE,0073c6d4,word,24020001
Hunk91 wrote:A question I was wondering, do you Think that the Dnas server could send some of this code to the players. I mean the player connect to the Dnas server for Dnas check, the server send a code in order to change the Hex value on the player console and the Dnas check passes. I don't know if I'm clear about that. The server would act like à cheat device.
Unfortunately, this is not how DNAS works. The data send by the server is decrypted with a key on the gamedisc and checked for validity. Then the data is wiped.

On the pro side:
I quickly checked the game against a basic setup of the Outbreak servers and I can say it's pretty similar. I was able to enter a playerhandle which means connection handling and encryption for the lobby server is identical. This alone doesn't mean much but from other games using KDDI I know that a revival is highly possible 8-)

So, is there enough demand for the first 3D cell shading game in history of the Playstation 2 ?

Btw., I am cluttering your topic, maybe a moderator is so kind to move this into its own thread ?
Thank you No23! This is great news!
I Think you should create a poll here and on some other forums in order to have a trend and a game if people want to play it.

Best regards