Fake online?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FenderXT
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Fake online?

Post by FenderXT »

Would be nice if one could like emulate a fake DNS to fake that u are online and just play alone on the game to see how it is.
How the online function works or just get in to the online meny or something, would be nice.
iThere are this beta trial discs that some you can not even get to start, and I do wonder what is on them.
Or can one do some other way to see what it is?
I know one can look in a pc for a video file, photos, music and sound effects. That is something anyway.

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Re: Fake online?

Post by DonkeyKong »

Accessing the game online menu and others without a working server (or a part of it) is impossible. If the game has a content that is only available online you can unlock it using cheat devices.

FenderXT

Post by FenderXT »

Now I do not understand, I read it as you say one can both do it and not?
What cheat devices is there?

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

FenderXT wrote:Now I do not understand, I read it as you say one can both do it and not?
What cheat devices is there?
Some games have some items , weapons, quests and other things that could be only accessed online , but using cheat devices (most of them will be able to do this) you can access all of that offline. For example, Monster Hunter had some quests and locations available only online , but you can play them even now using some codes.

FenderXT

Post by FenderXT »

What cheat devices, do you mean?
Or do you just mean cheat codes?

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

FenderXT wrote:What cheat devices, do you mean?
Or do you just mean cheat codes?
For example, Action Max Replay Evo . And ,of course, you will need to input special codes.

1UP
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: 1UC_1UP

Post by 1UP »

DonkeyKong wrote:Accessing the game online menu and others without a working server (or a part of it) is impossible. If the game has a content that is only available online you can unlock it using cheat devices.
That's not entirely true. I've been able to get to the socom 1 online menu just through codes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CEWSamjOg