DNAS forever - important

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever - important

Post by no23 »

The DNAS replacement server is currently running on a VPS on internet. It has 3 IPs (one for each gateway). System is a current Debian Linux, just that I enabled the old ciphers for Apache2.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote:The DNAS replacement server is currently running on a VPS on internet. It has 3 IPs (one for each gateway). System is a current Debian Linux, just that I enabled the old ciphers for Apache2.
Hi No23 , thanks you for your answer!

Do you think it would be possible to get a backup image of your vps hard drive ? Liek this, it should be easier to recreate 1 as you already set everything.

Best regards
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

I'm trying to setup the DNAS PAL server, but i'm stuck at this...

dnas access log

Code: Select all

192.168.1.120 - - [08/Feb/2017:17:41:01 -0200] "POST /eu-gw/v2.5_i-connect HTTP/1.0" 403 1060 "-" "open sesame asdfjkl"

dnas error log

Code: Select all

[Wed Feb 08 17:41:01.710636 2017] [authz_core:error] [pid 944:tid 1916] [client 192.168.1.120:1458] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: D:/Servers/dnas/eu-gw/v2.5_i-connect
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

EPiKDJ <3 TSFP
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: EPiKDJ

Post by EPiKDJ <3 TSFP »

Hey, this may be random because a new user is joining in on this thread, I've actually been eying this site since 2011 (LazyHoboGuy is how I came here that long ago). I have a question in regards to TSFP, now I'm a usual 19 year old who is open to learning iT, how would I be of assistance to creating (or just lending a hand) a server for said game.

As a child all I did was play games and TSFP was my favorite, I had a PC and internet but never played any games online because it was never brought to my attention, so far as even neglecting the "network" mode. I totally missed out when this game was still live and well. Yes there is a fan remake "TimeSplitters Rewind" and yes there is Xlink Kai which my YT clearly shows I'm apart of. I would love to do anything I possibly could to set things up for TSFP. When I saw TSFP on the list I clapped my hands and yelled "YES" I know there is an obvious catch and that's why I'm here

Feel free to judge my childish attitude
CHIMPOCIDE

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

DNAS is just used to check if the game is legit (this got cracked anyway). While TimeSplitters is supported on the list, all this means is that it can get past the check. The hard part is reverse engineering a server that works with TimeSplitters. It is doable but there is no progress on one as far as I'm aware.

EPiKDJ <3 TSFP

Post by EPiKDJ <3 TSFP »

So how would it become doable. What needs to be done
CHIMPOCIDE

EPiKDJ <3 TSFP

Post by EPiKDJ <3 TSFP »

I read somewhere that you would need pre-logged data packets of everything in the network mode including Ui. If that is correct it seems impossible due to no one (at least that we know of) saved the data sent between TSFP and the EA servers
CHIMPOCIDE

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

Having the server packets would definitely be a big help to anyone trying to make their own servers. You would need to have data packets that was collected for every functionality done in the game when it was online (Online modes, Setting up a game, character selection, map maker maps, etc) Who knows if someone had Wireshark back then when the game was online.

DJPlace
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: DJPlace

Post by DJPlace »

carcass64 wrote:Having the server packets would definitely be a big help to anyone trying to make their own servers. You would need to have data packets that was collected for every functionality done in the game when it was online (Online modes, Setting up a game, character selection, map maker maps, etc) Who knows if someone had Wireshark back then when the game was online.
not even going online for a quick second with a packet capture would help?
(gmt-5)

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

DJPlace wrote:
carcass64 wrote:Having the server packets would definitely be a big help to anyone trying to make their own servers. You would need to have data packets that was collected for every functionality done in the game when it was online (Online modes, Setting up a game, character selection, map maker maps, etc) Who knows if someone had Wireshark back then when the game was online.
not even going online for a quick second with a packet capture would help?
Any packet capture would help the cause.