What are the methods to Connect the PS2 Online Nowadays?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
EliteRaven5
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: EliteRaven5

What are the methods to Connect the PS2 Online Nowadays?

Post by EliteRaven5 »

So I decided to join the PS2 online community. I bought the fat PS2 model back in 2006. Up until now, I had no idea that the PS2 had online functionality, I though during the sixth generation, the original Xbox was the only one to have an online service. If I had known that before, I would have taken advantage of the servers that were available at that time, though I didn't own a network adapter back then.

Recently, the last of the official servers have been shut down. One question is, what methods are available to get the PS2 online, and where can I find servers for several games? I have the online setup disk and every time I tried testing the connection, I get a DNAS error 612 message. The same message appears when I try connecting to Rainbow Six 3. My computer is running windows 10 and it is connected to the router and my PS2 is connected to the router too. Any help?

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: What are the methods to Connect the PS2 Online Nowadays?

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi welcome to the forum!

There are 2 ways to play online. But not all the game are playables for example Rainbow six 3 is unfortunatly not playable anymore online.

D.N.S changing :
The first method is to modified the primary DNS in your network configuration file (created by your network access disc or by a game which has this feature. The list of games which allow it is here : forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84 ). You are allow to create 4 different online configurations on a memory card (which means 4 differents D.N.S)

You will find a list of games still playable online with the D.N.S used to play here : forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1880#p11610

For some games, you will have to use a DNAS bypass code (list of games and bypass code here : forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1999)

Xlink Kai :
This second method needs that you use the software called Xlink Kai which is a tunnelling program to play with other
The software is available here : http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/downloads.php

List of Games playable (please go below to the Playstation 2 part) : http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games

Here is a tutorial written by Incognito : forum/viewtopic.php?p=13501#p13490

I personnaly only play online games with D.N.S changing. I plan to test a game with D.N.A.S bypass code soon. As for Xlink Kai I need to try it. I only tested a progam named Xbslink which is acting the same way as Xlink Kai but I was not successfull with it.

Best regards
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

EliteRaven5

Post by EliteRaven5 »

I've used Xlink, but I am confused by the layout of it. I have the software installed, but what specific information do I have to put? The guide that I see online is mainly for Windows Vista. I have Windows 10, so is there any difference?

Edit: I see you have the link for the instructions on this site. I'll have to read it through

Any plans of trying to make Rainbow Six3 playable online again?

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

For xlink I don't know. May be someone With more experience can help You.

For rainbow six 3 if this game doesn't have a Lan mode You Will have to hope That someone will recreate the server, And I don't think this game Was tested during the dnas collection phase, so this means if there's a server one Day That You will have to use a dnas bypass code With a cheat device

Which online games do You have?

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

EliteRaven5

Post by EliteRaven5 »

Who can I speak to about setting up XLink? So far, the only games I have that are online compatible are SOCOM II, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, and Rainbow Six 3. Thats all I have. Darn, if I have learned about the PS2 online capabilities at most last year, I would have taken advantage before the official DNAS servers shut down.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Try to create a post in the xlink section. May be someone will be able tout help You

EliteRaven5

Post by EliteRaven5 »

Btw, now that I remember, I actually do have a cheat device, an Action Replay.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

So you May be able to install the memory card exploit to install free mcboot ! And this Will open You more possibilities With your console and online gaming !

EliteRaven5

Post by EliteRaven5 »

how does that work? The memory card exploit?

Incognito
Xlink Kai username: SneakyPeaky89

Post by Incognito »

The below forum post has the guide that I made a few days ago for XLink Kai. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... 501#p13501