Opinions on using emulators

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
weegee22
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: weegee22

Opinions on using emulators

Post by weegee22 »

I personally want to know everyone's opinion on using a emulator to play online?
(gmt-4)

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Opinions on using emulators

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi!

I already used PCSX2 but just to test online features. I didn't really played with it. My tests were hosting a room with my console and try to join it with PCSX2. And I could joined.

Now playing online with PCSX2 is much easier with the new network plugin : CLR DEV9. You don't have to create a different network configuration for a different DNS, you can put everything in auto and then configure the DNS in the plugin options and change it accordingly.

Plus , before you had to install other programs to use the previous plugin, now those additional programs are not needed anymore.

According to this post : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Experime ... DD-Support there are sometimes some problems.

You can learn more here [playing biohazard (resident evil) outbreak with emulator] : http://obsrv.org/viewforum.php?f=13&sid ... bfed06cc65
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

On the official PS2 Online Gaming Discord, we instituted a rule regarding users playing on the emulator. We allow it under the condition that A. It does not interfere with users on PlayStation 2 consoles and B. That users understand that we cannot provide technical support regarding the emulator itself. There are too many variables, such as PC hardware configurations, builds of the emulator itself and network configurations that we can't reasonably provide support. It's hard enough getting everyone using PlayStation 2 consoles on the same page, let alone someone using an emulator.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

weegee22
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: weegee22

Post by weegee22 »

Mytho wrote:On the official PS2 Online Gaming Discord, we instituted a rule regarding users playing on the emulator. We allow it under the condition that A. It does not interfere with users on PlayStation 2 consoles and B. That users understand that we cannot provide technical support regarding the emulator itself. There are too many variables, such as PC hardware configurations, builds of the emulator itself and network configurations that we can't reasonably provide support. It's hard enough getting everyone using PlayStation 2 consoles on the same page, let alone someone using an emulator.
Im actually in the discord and i agree with your rules and i would say to most emulator users (including myself) to test online with someone before playing to not cause issues.
(gmt-4)