Netplay! (with PCSX2 emulator)

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Netplay! (with PCSX2 emulator)

Post by Hunk91 »

Since a few weeks, I'm testing a lot of emulators with netplay. Netplay allows you to play games with friends or other people over internet.

Today I found a video on youtube, which shows that you can play PS2 games with netplay! For this you will have to use a special version of PCSX2 which is called "PCSX2 online". It seems to be fun, and allow you to play more games online with friends! Actually, even a game which doesn't have an online feature, would be playable over internet!

To learn more, please watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eve6_OUHGxA

So, what do you think about it ?
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Netplay! (with PCSX2 emulator)

Post by carcass64 »

This might be good for fighting games and other local games. Its too bad that games that require a server wont work (socom, syphon filter).

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

I just played Capcom VS SNK 2 (NTSC-U) version with someone from USA and it worked great! I was the host and he could connect easily. The only problem we had at the beguinning is that we didn't used the same version of the bios. Once this was corrected, everything was fine!

I really loved that experience, and this can open some great opportunities! If some of you want to try, just le me know!

Here is a list of games that can be played via netplay : http://coreychandler.net/corey/ps2coop/

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by carcass64 »

Hunk91 wrote:I just played Capcom VS SNK 2 (NTSC-U) version with someone from USA and it worked great! I was the host and he could connect easily. The only problem we had at the beguinning is that we didn't used the same version of the bios. Once this was corrected, everything was fine!

I really loved that experience, and this can open some great opportunities! If some of you want to try, just le me know!

Here is a list of games that can be played via netplay : http://coreychandler.net/corey/ps2coop/
So Syphon Filter the Omega Strain has netplay on PCSX2 with this tutorial? I might need to set this up someday. I also noticed Socom 2, but I sure dont remember than game having co-op or splitscreen.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

carcass64 wrote: So Syphon Filter the Omega Strain has netplay on PCSX2 with this tutorial? I might need to set this up someday. I also noticed Socom 2, but I sure dont remember than game having co-op or splitscreen.
If on console you can locally (offline) play it with 2 gamepads, so yes it is possible to play it via netplay.

Unfortunatly for SOCOM, the co-op is online only. So it will be with Xlink Kai or with the new server when it will be operational.

For netplay, both players need :
- netplay version of the emulator (I can provide a link)
- same bios version (google can help you for that, or if you can run homebrews on your console, you can copy your console's bios to a USB stick)
- same version of the game on .iso file or real disc (what I mean by same version is NTSC-J, or NTSC-U or PAL)

best regards