Deerhunter Online needs a crapload of Ports open on your PS2

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Deerhunter Online needs a crapload of Ports open on your PS2

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I screencaptured a scan of the game's instruction manual. Holy crap that is a lot of ports to open on your Playstation 2 for this game. No wonder why I couldn't see Favrenation's game when we tried this online.

Viscosity
site admin

Re: Deerhunter Online needs a crapload of Ports open on your

Post by Viscosity »

FUCK! well I have dmz on so it should work hopefully. Maybe when you go to your parent's house we can try it out. This shows that didn't even try to setup online play. You have to portforward seperatley for voice chat/ text chat. The only thing I can say to that is FUCK!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Deerhunter Online needs a crapload of Ports open on your

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Favrenation and I tried to play this game last night and we still could not connect to each other. I directly connected to my modem and Favrenation set his PS2's MAC address on DMZ. It should have worked then.

I noticed that immediately after the DNAS check when you are connecting to Deerhunter's online mode "Normal Network Termination" would flash across the screen momentarily before it moved you to the master list.

I wonder if that is trying to tell us that something on the developer end has been shut down and that is why we can no longer connect to people through the gamespy master list.