How to set up a DNAS Server?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Verequies
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

How to set up a DNAS Server?

Post by Verequies »

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!.

For the past few days I have been trying to setup a DNAS server - from https://github.com/FogNo23/DNASrep. Now while I do have one running with both Apache & NGINX - you can connect to the site, shows the correct certificates, v2.5_i-connect points to connect.php file, etc - the PS2 fails to authenticate with error -106. I have been testing with the games Area 51 & TimeSplitters: Future Perfect , both of which I know DNAS can be bypassed using the current alternative DNAS servers. I can't for the life of me figure out how others have gotten it working. The OS's I have been testing on are Ubuntu, Debian & Arch Linux, all up to date. Am initially just setting up an EU server, and once I get that working I will probably setup US & JP servers also.

When testing I just get this back in the access.log (Different dates/times of course):

Code: Select all

[31/Dec/2017:20:22:48 +1000] "POST /eu-gw/v2.5_i-connect HTTP/1.0" 200 329 "-" "open sesame asdfjkl"
If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be very helpful. Once I am successful in setting up the server, I will definitely write a proper guide for the rest of the community.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: How to set up a DNAS Server?

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi Verequies ! Welcome to the forum And congratulations for the DNAS server.

You can ask to bob at bobzent.info or to Xcristihanx how they made it as they implemented the DNAS server with their DNS server.

I'm interested also on how to setup one.

Best regards

Hunk91
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Verequies
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: How to set up a DNAS Server?

Post by Verequies »

Hunk91 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 pm
Hi Verequies ! Welcome to the forum And congratulations for the DNAS server.

You can ask to bob at bobzent.info or to Xcristihanx how they made it as they implemented the DNAS server with their DNS server.

I'm interested also on how to setup one.

Best regards

Hunk91
Thanks! Good to be here :)

What would be the best way to contact said people?

Nice, I'll let you know once I've got it working. Perhaps you could test it with me.