How to setup Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FagnerLSantos
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

How to setup Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online?

Post by FagnerLSantos »

I'm trying to connect Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online, but the game always return the Error (-612), saying the DNS Server isn't responding.
I tried Christian's (45.7.228.197) and Bobz's (74.79.204.142) DNS, both return the same error, despiting both have support to this game. I tried different times in the day, so I don't believe the server was busy or something.
My version of the game is original NTSC (SLUS_214.10), since I heard the Premium Edition (SLUS_215.43) isn't supported. I'm playing it via USB with Open PS2 Loader. The connection test of the Online Setup of the game states the connection was working. My PS2 was cabled directly to my PC and my PC connect to the internet via a Wireless LAN Card, my IP was set manually and so I did while setuping my PS2, the connection is working. For instance, I also patched the game with Windip (4D:4B:01:30:DC) and the Error (-612) still persist.
I don't know what is wrong, can someone help me? What I'm missing?

FagnerLSantos

Re: How to setup Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online?

Post by FagnerLSantos »

I found out that my Configuration File may be missconfigured, there is some time I don't set my PS2 Online. The Error (-612) disappeared, but now I'm getting the Error (-611) instead, stating there is a wrong response from the DNS Server.
This time I can ensure the internet configuration is right and the network hardware is working (it can acess my PC's shared folders). I fear it can't connect to my shared connection for some reason, I tested Central Station Browser that usually worked in the past, but now it can't access any website, just like the games return me the Error (-611).
I searched for ways to fix shared connections errors, but no luck yet. I don't know what to do anymore, somebody help me!

FagnerLSantos

Post by FagnerLSantos »

I was able to connect via Central Station Browser, the Google opened and I tried a few websites to, now I can ensure the connection is fine. The bad thing is that I'm still getting the Error (-611) while trying to connect in the game. Any ideas?

WeepinnWillow
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: WeepinnWillow

Post by WeepinnWillow »

Have you tried bridging your PC's connection to your PS2?
PS2 Fat SCPH-30001
Usernames: Valzentia, Will0wz, Will0w
Currently playing:
  • .hack//fragment
    Amplitude
    Call of Duty 3
    Hardware: Online Arena
    Tony Hawk's Underground
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    Serious Sam: Next Encounter

FagnerLSantos

Post by FagnerLSantos »

Yes, I tried and the result was even worse, I was unable to connect and the game return the Error (-612). With the ICS I can connect at least, with a browser for PS2, my actual configuration can access the internet, but in the games, it return me the Error (-611) as a wrong response in the DNS Server.
But I can try bridging again, maybe I did it wrong. How do I setup the PS2 in a bridged connection? It's different than configuring it for an ICS connection?