What is your favorite PS2 online game?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
MartinMilk
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: MartinMilkis

Re: What is your favorite PS2 online game?

Post by MartinMilk »

Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 and File#2 but the server are down and xlink does not have a server for it :( So Biohazard Outbreak 1 and 2 is my favorite now same game just japanese.
YouTube Channel: GaymingTube

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

RogueCommando
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: RogueCommando

Post by RogueCommando »

ratchet and clank up your arsenal. it was a tiny bit better than deadlocked and the community isnt as ravaged by hackers

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

MartinMilk wrote:Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 and File#2 but the server are down and xlink does not have a server for it :( So Biohazard Outbreak 1 and 2 is my favorite now same game just japanese.
What did you do in the online mode of that game? I have not heard much about it.
RogueCommando wrote:ratchet and clank up your arsenal. it was a tiny bit better than deadlocked and the community isnt as ravaged by hackers
The only thing keeping me from rushing out to buy those 2 ratchet and clank games with online modes is the fact that they dont have LAN modes. With my luck I know that as soon as I get them the servers will get shut down lol.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Call of Duty 2 Big Red One!!!

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

RogueCommando wrote:ratchet and clank up your arsenal. it was a tiny bit better than deadlocked and the community isnt as ravaged by hackers
Really? I thought Deadlocked was the better of the two simply because it was more of a third-person shooter. People on Up Your Arsenal used some real cheese moves, like boosting all across the map just to annoy you.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

RogueCommando
Xlink Kai username: RogueCommando

Post by RogueCommando »

mytho, you are correct in that it was more of a third person shooter. It had more game modes and weapons but up your arsenal was more simple I thought. in uya you could drive a car and then hop into a plane. you couldnt do so in deadlocked. Plus I thought seige mode was the most fun game mode i had ever played in the world. If UYA had LAN, oh my gosh... Regardless, both were great

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

Oh, I didn't know that about UYA. I know Deadlocked has some vehicles, but I think they were all ground based.

I remember reading about Siege mode way back in the day. Is that the mode where you have to destroy the enemy base? If so, that seems pretty cool.
(gmt-5)

maxiizzz
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by maxiizzz »

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I just uploaded some footage of Ghost Recon:Jungle Storm's online Cooperative mode, so if you were wondering how this game played here is an example.

This game may look really simple, but it really fun.

Mytho and I played this online back in June.

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

I'll second what lazy said. Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm may not be the flashiest game, or the most demanding, but it has rock-solid gameplay and online performance (when you can connect, that is).

There are no obtrusive graphical elements or gimmicks in the gameplay. There are very few, if any, of the "BS!" moments that seem to crop up in other online games. Sometimes the enemies can be unpredictable, but that isn't an unwarranted element to the game.
(gmt-5)