Impromptu Games

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Sargon
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Sargon`

Impromptu Games

Post by Sargon »

I know there are the scheduled weekly and other games in the scheduling subforum, but does anyone here ever jump online at random times looking for something to play? If so, how do you get in contact with each other? Do people use a certain messaging program to communicate with other members?

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Impromptu Games

Post by NoLimits »

Yeah people here use various messaging programs. I personally use "Pandion" and I use my gmail as an account for it.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Impromptu Games

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yes many of use instant messengers to plan games on the fly. Then when we are sure we are going to play we post in the game scheduling subforum to let others know in case they are around to join.

There is no one unified instant messenger that we all use. Trying to make everyone use one is impossible. Some people simply refuse to use instant messengers lol. You can look in people's profiles for their instant messenger nicknames or you can private message them and ask them for it.

A great substitute for actually downloading tons of instant messengers is meebo.com. It lets you login to just about every instant messenger in existence through that website, meaning all you never have to actually download an instant messenger. You simply create an account for the instant messengers you want to use and then can use meebo.com to login in with them.