How to connect online with THUG2/THAW

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: haveno

How to connect online with THUG2/THAW

Post by icebears4ever »

Hi everyone, this is my discreption of how to get back online on THUG2/THAW.

1. Put in an online game there you can create your own network settings, the Tony Hawk games do not have this mode but i can recommend an EA game that you can play online (example Medal Of Honor Rising Sun.

2. Press online play, after that it will say no network settings created would you like to create one now? Press yes then.

3. Click add setting, then press wich memory card you want to create it on. Choose network adapter, even if you use an ethernet cabel.

4. Then click not required.

5. On IP adress choose auto.

6. On DNS server choose manual.

7. On primary DNS put in 99.198.122.133, dont write anything in secondary.

8. Save settings and put in THUG2/THAW into your PS2.

9. Press online play and choose character, but before pressing ready go down and click on network settings, load the network settings and then press ok.

10. Accept the Network service terms, you may get one or more failed to connect but just try once and once again until you get snipes message of the day.

11. Press online play, if you have succed you should then see the lobby list, contragtulations you are once again online on THUG2/THAW.

THAW is most active of these, i would really like to see more players at THUG2.

Good luck ;)
(gmt+1)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: How to connect online with THUG2/THAW

Post by lazyhoboguy »

So someone is hosting a server for these games to bring them back online? You have a link to where you found this out from?

icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai username: haveno

Post by icebears4ever »

lazyhoboguy wrote:So someone is hosting a server for these games to bring them back online? You have a link to where you found this out from?
http://thps.us/
(gmt+1)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

http://thps.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413 looks like pro skater 3 might work online possibly too. Ill do some testing.

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

I have tried this in the past with thps3 and had no luck. I think that community is more geared towards underground personally. And don't care much if the older ones work or not.
No lube for me!

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I got proskater 3 working although I had no one to test with. when it tries to connect to the server it will eventually say it couldn't connect but then it gives u the lobby list and I created a game an I could see it here: http://thps.us/status.php?game=thps3ps2 I will want to test this and make sure though. Here is what I did: Primary DNS: 99.198.122.133
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Host Name: I put Favrenation here although I am not sure if it is necessary.
When you try to connect it will eventually time out but bring you to the list.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Wonder if you need a port open in order for this to work. Maybe that is why it didnt work with noonotthat in the past when he wasnt on dmz.

I'd like to test tony hawk's pro skater 3 with this too, but I wont have any time for a couple weeks until finals are over.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well I am not sure if you need port open to see the master server. Maybe to host a game but to see the master sever I doubt it. Although seeing how Deer hunter doesn't I don't know.

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

I've been working on this and got it to say welcome to thps.it.cx 21SkAt3r21 and then when it says 'getting lobby list' it says 'failed to connect to gamespy'. It shows me logging in to thps3 on thps.us. I think it is my settings and my gateway. I'm gonna redo the settings and port forward. :mrgreen:
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)