MOH Rising Sun

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: haveno

MOH Rising Sun

Post by icebears4ever »

Do any1 know if there is anyway to be able 2 play Medal Of Honor Rising Sun online?
(gmt+1)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: MOH Rising Sun

Post by Mytho »

No, I am afraid that this game is no longer able to be played online or through a LAN tunneling application.

It's a real shame too, because I actually played some Rising Sun over the holiday, and the game still holds up. I have always felt that this game was superior in many ways to the Call of Duty games on PS2. It runs pretty well (especially in comparison to COD 2: BRO), has clear, defined graphics and interesting maps. The only area of complaint are the stiff controls, but adjusting to them isn't a large issue.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

icebears4ever

Post by icebears4ever »

Mytho wrote:No, I am afraid that this game is no longer able to be played online or through a LAN tunneling application.

It's a real shame too, because I actually played some Rising Sun over the holiday, and the game still holds up. I have always felt that this game was superior in many ways to the Call of Duty games on PS2. It runs pretty well (especially in comparison to COD 2: BRO), has clear, defined graphics and interesting maps. The only area of complaint are the stiff controls, but adjusting to them isn't a large issue.
The game does not have a lan mode but do u know if there r Any new servers on this game?
(gmt+1)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

There are no new servers, official or otherwise, for this game.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

The game does not have a lan mode but do u know if there r Any new servers on this game?
The chances on anybody making a new server are slim to none. Its really hard to do and that game probably had DNAS which would have had to be decrypted and made a new server for that too. Basically any game that uses DNAS will go offline when DNAS service shutdown even if the servers for the game are still up. The fact that Tony Hawk games have servers up amazed all of us.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea since this game has DNAS, it seems pretty impossible that someone will ever get it working online again. I never had a chance to play this game online and it saddens me that I will never get to experience that. I heard it was supposed to be pretty good for multiplayer online. I played the game split screen a few times at a friends house a long time ago and I had fun with it.

icebears4ever

Post by icebears4ever »

Oh my god what a shame that this game cant be played online anymore :(
(gmt+1)