EA shutting down online servers for some Playstation 2 games

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

EA shutting down online servers for some Playstation 2 games

Post by lazyhoboguy »

http://www.ea.com/2/service-updates

Online Service Updates
As background information, the EA SPORTS™ games scheduled for shutdown in February and March 2011 represent roughly 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles. Despite some people's perception, there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these older games up and running. We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games. These decisions to retire games is never easy. The development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into these games almost as much as the customers playing them and it is hard to see one retired. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.

If you have further questions about your account or the shut down of these services, please visit http://support.ea.com.

Thank you,
Electronic Arts
The EA PS2 Server Shutdowns for Feb 8, 2011 are:

FIFA 08
Madden 09
Madden 10
NCAA® Football 10

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: EA shutting down online servers for some Playstation 2 g

Post by Mytho »

So that is it for Madden and NCAA Football online on PS2, as the 2011 editions did not contain online play. Outside of Blitz: The League, does that mean that there are no longer any online football games for PS2?

Surprised to see that FIFA 09 will be surviving this round of terminations. It looks like that will be the only remaining EA Sports game online for PS2.

EDIT: Just realized Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was still online, so there will be 2 EA PS2 games still online after this wave of terminations.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah Blitz Pro is down becuase of DNAS but I bet the servers are still up. I wish nfl 2k5 was still online. I know some on the NBA 25 games are still online.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Madden 11 doesn't have online? That's really low by EA then, by taking down Madden 10 so early.

icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: haveno

Post by icebears4ever »

Fifa 09, 10 and 11 4 PS2 does not have online, too bad they close the server 4 Fifa 08 then :(
(gmt+1)

altecgodofchaos
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by altecgodofchaos »

If I can pocket log those games servers, I can can bring them back once the original servers are gone. this is why i wanted you guys to help me. lets keep the servers running for future generations
(gmt-7)

Live in your world.
play in ours.