socom2 or socom 3?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Nihil8
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

socom2 or socom 3?

Post by Nihil8 »

which ones better? whats funner online?
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: socom2 or socom 3?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I don't know. I just have socom 4 lol. Haven't really even tried that yet either. I tried Socom 1 awhile ago online and didn't care for it all that much. I heard socom 2 and 3 were supposed to be a lot better.There are so many socom games. They all have high player counts though which is nice.

icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: haveno

Post by icebears4ever »

They r pretty much like each otther, but socom 3 is better i think :)
(gmt+1)

Mr.Chale
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: Mr Chale

Post by Mr.Chale »

socom 4 is just an upgraded socom 3 they use the same servers in combined assault you can use all the maps on socom 3 for multiplayer plus more , and socom 2 has a little better graphics than 3 and totally different gameplay its harder to play imho
(gmt-6)

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/world00 ... e=GMT-0600&" width="480" height="250" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

The Don
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: bkchi

Post by The Don »

SOCOM 2 is a lot of fun, but I have to give the edge to SOCOM 3. They watered it down in Combined Assault to get a better rating. Terrorists became insurgents or revolutionaries or something, they removed a lot of blood, and dead bodies would fade away.
(gmt-5)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I'll have to give the nod to SOCOM II myself. The gameplay and maps are really tight and polished in that game compared to 3. By focusing on less, SOCOM II does a much better job of nailing the basics. I would also say the framerate is generally better in 2 as well, though it is by no means smooth like Future Perfect. I personally enjoy the first two SOCOM games the most due to the tightness of the gameplay.

SOCOM 3 is a decent game, though it deviates way too far from the first two. They added vehicles in 3, in addition to large, expansive maps. The problem with this is that the maps often feel way too large unless you have 32 players. People also like to sit in houses and on mountains and camp the entire time, which I find frustrating. The game also really bogs down when you are near the maximum of players. The actual fighting itself feels slightly less polished compared to 2. Adding vehicles and large maps made the game lose the tension and excitement of the firefights in 2.

In terms of players, 3 (and Combined Assault) has the most people playing, followed by SOCOM II. The games are finally beginning to thin out after all these years, but you can still find games going on, even in SOCOM II.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

It's fairly easy to find people to play with even in the first SOCOM game. Just about every time I log in, there are at least two games in progress, with at least six people in each one.
(gmt-4)