PS2 Online Gaming on the PS3

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
The Don
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: bkchi

PS2 Online Gaming on the PS3

Post by The Don »

Here's a question for those of you in the know. Say I like to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 online. Say I only have a PS3, one of the ones with backwards compatibility. Can I play a PS2 online game with a PS3? Here's another question; the PS3 has wireless networking. Can I play a PS2 online game over a wireless connection on the PS3?
(gmt-5)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: PS2 Online Gaming on the PS3

Post by Mytho »

Yes, you should be able to play PS2 games online with your PS3. I've done it before on my 60GB unit, but I was using a wired connection. Wireless should work as well.

I don't have a 80GB unit to test this, but results may vary if you are using an 80GB unit. This is due to the fact that 80GB units use partial software emulation for PS2 games. I believe a user on here was using a 60GB PAL unit and had trouble getting it to work due to this.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: haveno

Post by icebears4ever »

That matters wich game, the ones that u dont need a network setup disc for should work but im afraid the other dont :)
(gmt+1)

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Yes you can. You can use a wired connection or wireless. Certain games, like COD2:BRO, reguire a wired connection though. You will have to have a ps2 online start-up disc to configure your settings for ps2 games.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)