Thps 3 online bug. (Hosting Game Means Port Forwarding)

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Pr0ster
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Thps 3 online bug. (Hosting Game Means Port Forwarding)

Post by Pr0ster »

So me and icebears4ever tried to play thps3 online, it showed 1/50 on religion list but on server list: no games made.

Can anyone explain why?
Playing these: Ratchet and Clank Up your arsenal, Thps3 Thps4 Thug 1, Thug 2 and some other games (=
(gmt+2)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Thps 3 online bug.

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yes, you need to port forward or set your PS2 on DMZ in your router in order to host. Otherwise other people cannot join your game. I explain that more here:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=10&t=356

icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai username: haveno

Post by icebears4ever »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yes, you need to port forward or set your PS2 on DMZ in your router in order to host. Otherwise other people cannot join your game. I explain that more here:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=10&t=356
I dont understand, what do ya mean about putting a port forward? Should i like put something in the USB?
(gmt+1)

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

I have port forwarded my ps3 (for black ops.. :)) so i can host. Me and lazyhoboguy got on and played just fine. It never lagged or anything. To port forward (im assuming ps2 and ps3 are the same), you make your ps2 have a static ip (on ps3 you cant. It usually stays the same on ps3. I have to change my settings occasionally when it does change.) and open up certain ports for your ps2. For ps3, I just port forwarded the whole system but for ps2, I dont know if you can. The ports in the thps3 instructions say to port forward 5150 or 5151 (i'd do both). Btw, you have to access your router settings to do this. Hope this helped! (if not, Ill host) :)

So, To Sum Things Up:
1-go to network settings on ps2
2-make your ps2 have a satic ip
3-go to your internet and type in 192.168.1.1 (may be different for you)
4-go to applications and gaming on your router settings (may also be called ports)
5-port forward ports 5150 and 5151
6-enter your ps2's static ip on the ports
7-save
8-go to thps3 and host! ;)

(if port forwarding doesnt work, you might have to run your ps2 on dmz. You do the same thing except after you go to port forwarding and save, go to dmz under the applications and gaming tab, and enter your ps2's ip. Save and you should be good!)
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

icebears4ever

Post by icebears4ever »

K but where am i suposed 2 change IP? On the computer, on THPS3 or in a network setup game (like star wars), plz tell me, otherwise i bet u got 2 host :(
(gmt+1)

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

On a network start-up game (like star wars or a sports game) you can change it to a static ip
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

icebears4ever

Post by icebears4ever »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:On a network start-up game (like star wars or a sports game) you can change it to a static ip
Man my Network blow up when i tried 2 port forward lol, it didnt work 4 like 1 hour even when i didnt change anything so im sry but u got 2 host lol XD
(gmt+1)

Pr0ster
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by Pr0ster »

icebears4ever wrote:
21SkAt3r21 wrote:On a network start-up game (like star wars or a sports game) you can change it to a static ip
Man my Network blow up when i tried 2 port forward lol, it didnt work 4 like 1 hour even when i didnt change anything so im sry but u got 2 host lol XD
Same thing to me. So can you host?
Playing these: Ratchet and Clank Up your arsenal, Thps3 Thps4 Thug 1, Thug 2 and some other games (=
(gmt+2)

21SkAt3r21

Re: Thps 3 online bug. (Hosting Game Means Port Forwarding)

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

I'll try. I will be on if I am home and if I am home I'll probably sleep late (around 11 am central time :P ). I still dont know if you mean central time or eastern on the calender, Please reply! ;)
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

icebears4ever

Re: Thps 3 online bug. (Hosting Game Means Port Forwarding)

Post by icebears4ever »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:I'll try. I will be on if I am home and if I am home I'll probably sleep late (around 11 am central time :P ). I still dont know if you mean central time or eastern on the calender, Please reply! ;)
Im from Sweden and Pr0ster is from Finland, dont know where in U.S.A u live but if u live in New York (or close) i am 6 hours b4 u, 4 pr0ster it is 7 hours b4 u that means that if u r playing on 3 at day the clock is 9 at the night in my country ;)
(gmt+1)