Star Wars Battlefront Status

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Status

Post by wawowe »

the zdb is the entire patch. if you had a clean version of it that would be very helpful. i'm not sure if it's encrypted though, it may just be compressed and signed. have to look at the game in pcsx and a memory modifier/dumper to see how it handles the file or on an actual ps2

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by Viscosity »

What excatlt are you saying? There is software that will change the ps2 system address for a save so it can work on other consoles. That might work with this patch.

gsx25
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by gsx25 »

I believe the patch issue is moot. Other players and myself that have the patch have been unable to make a connection with any servers for about the past week. I have been communicating with a GameSpy Tech that stated everything is operational on their end. He further stated that if there is a server present and the issue is with the game client connecting with the server, that is part of the game developer's code and not something supported by GameSpy. Since the game developer (Lucas Arts) has discontinued support, it appears that online play for this game is no longer possible.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

http://www.fileplanet.com/145863/140000 ... -%5BPS2%5D You can host ur own server. There are earliar version of the server available too. If u want i can try to host a test server to figure this stuff out. Besides there is LAN mode so you can always use xlink kai to play it online.

gsx25

Post by gsx25 »

All the servers available are hosted by other players. Even when I tried hosting my own PC dedicated server, I wasn't able to join. I see that some players are able to create a server directly from the PS2, but I can't join those either.

If I connect without the patch, it will take me to a different sessions screen where occasionally some players will host from the PS2. Those I can join, but it is limited to four players. I am not familiar with Xlink Kai. Are people using that to play this game?

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Not really because the game is still online. If you want I can try some stuff out with you but will have to be tonight.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

interesting in the dedicated server option there is a lan mode option. So you could have a dedicated starwars xlink game going on all the time lol.

Also are in the America cause this game looks region specific. The server only work with games in a certain region.

gsx25

Post by gsx25 »

Tonight is fine. I checked the Xlink Kai homepage and found two registered users for Star Wars Battlefront. One in Poland and the other in the Netherlands.

gsx25

Post by gsx25 »

Star Wars Battlefront is again playable online, the issue now is with the patch. Is there anyone out there that could post the contents of the patch? According to the tech I was working with, SLUS_208.98.zdb is only 1.38 mb, but the battlefront patch is 1.86 mb so there must be something else to it. Do any of these files look familiar?

SLES_525.45.zdb
SLES_525.46.zdb
SLES_525.47.zdb

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

1.38 to 1.86.. the missing kb make up the icon that's displayed when you look at your save in the ps2browser.
SLES_525.45.zdb would be the patch for the pal version of the game

also i'm completely sure that it doesn't sign the patch to anything so having that one zdb should just work for everyone. ntsc-u version for ntsc-u etc.

EDIT: turns out the zdb is 1,800kb itself, the icon is about 50kb. and it doesn't "just work" from console to console, but i'm working on that
Last edited by wawowe on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.