What Game Should I Get?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

What Game Should I Get?

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

What PS2 game should I get? Possibly one that most people on this site play. It can be a game with the online servers still up (prefferably) or an xlink game (if i get it working :P). If it is an online game, it needs to have players. I'm thinking about COD1,COD3, TSFP, or maybe a SOCOM. Thanks! :D
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: What Game Should I Get?

Post by wawowe »

The jp Biohazard: Outbreak servers are still up, (for a few more days). But there's a community working on their own server, which will be open source and probably released sometime soon. If you like Resident Evil ;)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

For still online ps2 games

A lot of people play the call of duty games and socom games. There is also a decent amount of people on Area 51 online. The star wars battlefront games have a sizable community still, although the servers can be a bit laggy. Also I'd suggest getting SWBF 2 over the first game since the patch server for the first game is down I heard. Which means you won't be able to connect to other people who have the patch I believe. (topic about the swbf patch situation is here: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=10&t=448 )

Urban Chaos Riot Response is a game that a few people at the site have just recently acquired and are interested in trying out online. It's online servers are still up and the game has a LAN mode. The online mode is pretty much a ghost town when it comes to the player count though. We don't know how fun the game will be online until we get a big game of it going though. The single player is fun so the game is worth getting for that alone.

Sniper Elite is still online, but has no LAN mode. IT has a small but active community still. It's a unique game focused purely on sniping, so it's not for everyone, but I really like it. The game is sem-rare as well and so it goes for 30 or 40 bucks used. Here is a video of the online play.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

You could also pick up Cold Winter and XIII. They are both first person shooters that are still online, but have no LAN mode. They are both just slightly above average imo and there is raraely random people around on the online modes. We at this site though play these 2 games occasionally.

If you are into online rpgs you could try gettng Champions of Norrath
or Champions: Return to Arms. I don't own them myself but several people at the site are interested in playing those 2 games online.

For Xlink Kai games

Timesplitters Future Perfect
Twisted Metal Black Online
Jak X: Combat Racing

Those games are the Xlink kai games that we play the most. If you like racing games ATV Offroad Fury 4 is another good choice. It has fun racing modes and a bunch of mini games you can play through Xlink Kai.

Project Snowblind is a fps that can be really fun. It works through Xlink Kai. The only problem with this game is that it plays best with a lot of people. It only has a few maps that are fun with small player counts. Here is a video of that game being played through xlink:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

numba0nestunna100
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die

Post by numba0nestunna100 »

dude get rainbow 6: 3 or rainbow 6 lockdown.. or ghost recon jungle storm.. they all 3 work just fine online on ps2 and they are GREAT classic games! if u are into tactical shooter r6:3 and jungle storm are the way 2 go! r6:lockdown is still in the tactical shooter list, but more of a run n gun game! << still a great game tho! r6: 3 = 4.99 r6:lockdown = 8.99 and jungle storm = 7.99 u can find em at gamestop, EB games ect. r6:3 i give a 4.5/5..r6:lockdown 4/5 and jungle storm 4/5! if u are new to tactical shooters i wouldnt start with jungle storm unless ur up for a challenge! i am starting a movement to get classic r6 and ghost recon back 2 ppl actively playin them daily if any1 wants in on it msg me.. lets play these games and have fun while they are still online and working! otherwise a waste of great games