Calling all FreQs! Amplitude Back Online!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Calling all FreQs! Amplitude Back Online!

Post by FreddY »

_____________________________________________________________________________________
(Network Service Terminated as of August 31, 2012)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
After a little tweaking by myself, Amplitude for PS2 is now back online via ZanQuance's original method! Now hosted on a 24/7 DNS server thanks to Bobz of BobzEnt.info!

Here are some images of me accessing Amplitude online:

(US Central lobby, everyone else on the player list are SOCOM players)

(Hosting game lobby/launch pad)

In order to play online, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to:

(24/7 DNS server hosted by Bobz of BobzEnt.info; As a bonus, this DNS configuration will also allow you to play any of the Tony Hawk PS2 games, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Account Creation), Tribes: Aerial Assault, All-Star Baseball 2005, Blitz: The League, NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom, MLB SlugFest: Loaded, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Deer Hunter and Risk: Global Domination online as they, too, are hosted by Bobz)
If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or post a topic over in the Game Scheduling section.

Amplitude, as most of you know is the sequel to Frequency. It's a pretty unique game, especially online, so hopefully we can get some community games going for it. For those that don't own it, it's relatively easy to find online and only $0.99 used at GameStop, so give it a shot.

See you online!

Special thanks to ZanQuance of FreQ-Remixes.net for providing the original hosting method and to Bobz of BobzEnt.info for hosting Amplitude 24/7.
Last edited by FreddY on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Calling all FreQs! Amplitude Back Online!

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Wow :D!. This is awesome. I absolutely love this game and would love to be able to play it online. I bought the game after it's online servers were taken down. Hopefully I will be able to get it to work.

I am probably guessing though that you need a port open to your ps2 in order to host? If that is true I probably won't be able to host since I cannot access the router here, but if someone else could host I would love to play this.

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

Hey =o
I actually came across this site a while back when we were originally trying to figure out how to get it to work.
The main port for this game is 10075, but to be safe port forward the range of 10070-10080 on your PS2 to host games.

As Freddy mentioned I also support all of the Tony Hawk games made with online play for PS2 which is what thps.info is meant for, and I recently got Tribes: Aerial Assault up with some help/motivation from Freddy.

I keep any non-thps stuff on the main site, http://bobzent.info

Any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask =)
Last edited by Bobz1993 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Thanks alot bobz for hosting this. For anyone else wondering how well this works, it works amazing. There is no lag or problems even with a full game of 4 players.

I'm curious Freddy how you got this working again though? I think you mentioned that you noticed the Socom server's IP address had changed by 2 numbers and you adjusted that. Was that all you had to do? Or were there other changes you had to make from the information posted in this thread:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=10&t=206

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=614

I added your first post into the guides and info section of the site so new people to the site can find it easier.