How to play My Street Online Again

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

How to play My Street Online Again

Post by FreddY »

_____________________________________________________________________________________
(Network Service Terminated as of August 31, 2012)
(My Street features a LAN mode)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
After a little tweaking by myself, My Street for PS2 is now back online! Now hosted on a 24/7 DNS server thanks to Bobz of BobzEnt.info!

Here are some images of me accessing My Street online:

ImageImage
(US Central lobby, everyone else on the player list are SOCOM players)

(Hosting game lobby)

In order to play online, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to:

(24/7 DNS server hosted by Bobz of BobzEnt.info; As a bonus, this DNS configuration will also allow you to play any of the Tony Hawk PS2 games, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Account Creation), Tribes: Aerial Assault, All-Star Baseball 2005, Blitz: The League, NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom, MLB SlugFest: Loaded, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Deer Hunter and Risk: Global Domination online as they, too, are hosted by Bobz)
If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or post a topic over in the Game Scheduling section.

See you online!

Special thanks to FreddY for providing the hosting method and to Bobz of BobzEnt.info for hosting My Street 24/7.
Last edited by FreddY on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FreddY

Re: How to play My Street Online Again

Post by FreddY »

My Street is obviously aimed at a younger audience, but this game can prove to be a fun Mario Party-esque collection of mini-games.

The online mode places you in an open level where you can free roam and chat with other players until a game is started. My Street features seven different game types, all inspired by classic mini-games: Marbles, RC Racing, Volleyball, Lawnmowers, Chicken Herding, Chemistry, and Dodgeball.

Here are images of some of the better game types:

(RC Racing, inspired by Super Off Road, featuring ten different tracks)

(Chemistry, a Tetris-like puzzle game inspired by the Puyo Puyo games)

(Dodgeball)

Check out these IGN and GameZone articles for more detailed descriptions of the various game types.

For those that don't own it, it's relatively easy to find online and only $1.99 used at GameStop, so give it a shot.

Also, My Street for PS2 has a LAN mode, so it can be played online forever using LAN tunneling programs like XLink Kai and XBSlink.
Last edited by FreddY on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreddY

Post by FreddY »

An interestingly funny side effect in My Street online that I did not notice while playing Amplitude online is that you are able to communicate with other SOCOM players via text chat in the online lobby. Here are some images:

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Heh thanks for getting this back online temporarily. I will have to pick this game up for cheap to try it.

I'll add this info into the guides section of the site.