2 things i need to ask

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
pmotachurro
Level 1: Deer Hunter

2 things i need to ask

Post by pmotachurro »

1:I need a good online fps(not tps) for ps2, what's your suggestion?
2:Wtf is xlink kai? :o

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: 2 things i need to ask

Post by lazyhoboguy »

1. Not sure what you mean by tps? Some still online ps2 shooters that are decent or good are Area 51, Cold Winter, XIII, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2 BRO, Call of Duty 3, and all the SOCOM games.

2. Xlink Kai is a LAN tunneling program. Basically, if a game has a LAN mode in it, LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai will let you play the game online still even if the game's original servers are offline. It uses the games LAN mode to connect players to each other through the internet. Xlink Kai is software for your computer that you download. You then need to port forward port 30000 to your computer from your router to make it work. Or you need to directly connect your computer to your modem, then setup ICS (internet connection) sharing on your computer and connect a crossover cable from your computer to your PS2.

Some more information about LAN tunneling is here: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=27&t=663

There are a lot of really fun ps2 games that are offline now normally, but can be played online still using LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. FPS games like Timesplitters 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, and Project Snowblind can only be played online through this method now.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by thebadassdude »

lazyhoboguy wrote:1. Not sure what you mean by tps? Some still online ps2 shooters that are decent or good are Area 51, Cold Winter, XIII, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2 BRO, Call of Duty 3, and all the SOCOM games.

2. Xlink Kai is a LAN tunneling program. Basically, if a game has a LAN mode in it, LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai will let you play the game online still even if the game's original servers are offline. It uses the games LAN mode to connect players to each other through the internet. Xlink Kai is software for your computer that you download. You then need to port forward port 30000 to your computer from your router to make it work. Or you need to directly connect your computer to your modem, then setup ICS (internet connection) sharing on your computer and connect a crossover cable from your computer to your PS2.

Some more information about LAN tunneling is here: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=27&t=663

There are a lot of really fun ps2 games that are offline now normally, but can be played online still using LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. FPS games like Timesplitters 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, and Project Snowblind can only be played online through this method now.
socom is not an fps you dunce
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

thebadassdude wrote:
lazyhoboguy wrote:1. Not sure what you mean by tps? Some still online ps2 shooters that are decent or good are Area 51, Cold Winter, XIII, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2 BRO, Call of Duty 3, and all the SOCOM games.

socom is not an fps you dunce
Yes actually you are right SOCOM is a third person shooter, but I thought it had an optional first person mode you could switch too.

Regardless, you cannot call people on the site dunces. That is the definition of flaming, and this is like the 10th time you have broken our site rules and insulted or trolled site users. I warned you that the next time you did this I would have to ban you. I've never had to do this to a non-spambot, but you are now banned.

For anyone else wondering what the site rules are, they are listed here: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=205

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

yeah TPS is just Third Person shooter
Last edited by NoLimits on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

pmotachurro

Post by pmotachurro »

1. Not sure what you mean by tps? Some still online ps2 shooters that are decent or good are Area 51, Cold Winter, XIII, Call of Duty Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2 BRO, Call of Duty 3, and all the SOCOM games.
Tps means third person shooter(like socom).

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Ah ok. Also,If you are into tactical shooters. Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm is a FPS that is still online. Another sort of tactical shooter is Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd which is online as well, although there isn't really any people on playing it.

pmotachurro

Post by pmotachurro »

Ah ok. Also,If you are into tactical shooters. Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm is a FPS that is still online. Another sort of tactical shooter is Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd which is online as well, although there isn't really any people on playing it.
What is tactical shooter? :S

Awesom3B
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai username: Awesom3B

Post by Awesom3B »

pmotachurro wrote:
What is tactical shooter? :S
It's basically a shooter thats somewhat realistic (no regening health, health packs, no ammo pickups etc.) and where u tell ur teamates 2 go and stuff.

meat

Post by meat »

does socom hav different game modes??like capture the flag,headquaters.i am going to gamestop 2moro to pick up some games.i
ps3=carolinaice82